Chapter Twenty-Four Change Three months later...

Winter vanished into nothing, the air around the Tundra Planes turned warm, ice enough to still wear snow jackets, but the subtle signs of plants and cherry blossoms emerging told the monks and Maiden Spring arrived. The fruits and vegetables flourished in the Monastery. The monks tended to their greenhouses, immersing themselves in training or prayer according to Kaiden's instruction. He wore the golden robes of the master. Having accepted the position, he oversaw Luna's training personally; she hadn't heard from Racheal or the others in a while; her link never pinned except for news reports flooding with information about the rampaging Lurkers. She checked her massages, interrupting her meditation. She tied her hair in a long braid. Since it had grown out at an unusual rate, Logan left the safety of the monastery a month ago, determined to uncover the identity of the murder. She hadn't heard anything in a while.

Luna asked Morgine to keep him safe, wondering if her payers had gone unanswered. Her heart ached for the company of Racheal and Shane. She missed them three months apart has been the longest time separated since she agreed to inhabit the tower.
The days they spent together seemed like a lifetime ago. Luna's trembling hands, which she clasped together, while she meditated near the frozen lake. She stood, approaching the thinning ice. She asked into the middle of the lake, closing her ocean blue eyes.

It coated the bare branches of the winter trees in a thin layer of glistening snow, which made them look frozen in time. It filled the distant trees with the sounds of the local wildlife as birds chirped and sang their songs. The air was crisp and cold, and Luna could smell the freshness of the snow. She heard the crunching of snow under the paws of a wolf, which caught her attention. She could feel the chill in the air, which made her shiver slightly, but it didn't detract from the beauty of the winter wonderland around her.

The icy snow melted, dripping droplets of water. Another Sign spring had arrived. The cold hardly bothered her, neither did the heat. She could bathe in the fire's warmth, but never burn her hands by the licking flames. Kaiden insisted during his lessons. He insisted on training her using one of the four basic elements.
She'd been late this morning, Kaiden suggested, outdoor training. When she meditated in order to expose her body to the harsh weather to build her resistance, Luna placed her hand against the cold ice. Branches of lightning flared out from her body, resembling wings sending her 'information about the surrounding environment. Grave, the gifted wolf given to her 'by the goddess laid by the shore, his ears alert for intruders.

The thin ice melted under her warmth; beads of sweat lined her forehead. The screaming of a cluster of Lurkers disrupted the chaotic thoughts swirling withing her mind as the serine wonderland brought a sense of calm before, they invaded. She inhaled deeply, touching the halt of the sliver dagger beneath her cloak in case they approached her. They headed east toward a settlement, which appeared two months ago.
She flicked out the sliver dagger detecting movement, goose fresh appeared on her bare arms, but she crouched, balancing herself.

The warmth spread around Luna, enveloping her in a bright orange aura that resembled puffs of white smoke. As Matthew hugged her from behind with his arms tight with tension, she felt the heat emanating from him. She flicked the dagger around the sharp blade, meeting his neck with a metallic clang. She swiftly slid out of his hold, despite taking comfort in his constant warmth.

"Glad you're safe. Your instincts never fail you, Luna. Clearly, you're in the mood for a fight? The monks were too peaceful?" Matt taunted, drawing his favoured green fluorite sword from his collection.

"The Lurkers have overtaken the capital, Azula, the outlets state they have complete control over the castle. The king, however, escaped." He blocked Luna's swift strike with her dagger. Digging his boots into the ice, he heard it breaking underneath him. He slid to a safe distance o water appeared between them.