Honeymoon Stage

Chapter 10

Coming to a stop in front of the apartment complex, I get out of my truck and stride to the passenger door to open it. It's just past midnight, and the full moon shines brightly, the stars twinkling joyously. Opening the door, I smile as Lupita rolls her eyes and hops out.

"And here I thought chivalry was dead." She smirks, seductively running a fingertip along my collarbone, biting her lip. I seize her hand, placing a soft kiss on the backside with a mischievous grin. "Oh, stop it." She laughs, yanking her hand away.

We begin to walk the path to the entrance, holding hands in a comfortable, warm silence. Stopping a few feet away from the door, Lupita snatches my free hand in hers, making me face her, slightly swinging both of our arms. She smiles, the shyness slowly evaporating under the moonlight.

"Goodnight, love." I murmur with a soft smile. Her golden eyes clash with the cold moon's gaze, making them sparkle and glow. She blushes slightly before wrapping her arms around my neck. Burying my face into her hair, I pull her closer, my arms around her waist.

"Goodnight." she whispers, and pulling away just far enough, she places a soft, warm kiss on my lips. There was no rush, no lust, just love. It was undemanding, pure. And it was beautiful. I break the kiss, and smile at her sheepishly. I give her a quick peck on the lips and release her, earning a cute pout. Laughing, I shoo her inside, letting her keep my jacket.

__________________________

Walking into my house, Helios immediately begins to sniff me suspiciously, growling slightly at the scents wafting off me. He looks at me with an expression of pure betrayal, and I roll my eyes at him. Just then, my phone rings her ringtone.

"AAARRRGGGHH!" I groan as I throw my phone at the couch. I was definitely not in the mood to talk to her. For all I know, she could be in another bathroom stall, with more bruises and cuts, crying because he loves her. But if I can't help her reach the truth, then she'll have to do it on her own, because I can't stand to see someone I love so much be in that much pain.

I sigh, my body drooping forward, aching internally. I could still smell Lupita on me; vanilla, sunshine, cherry blossoms. She was beautiful and perfect, but was it right of me to start dating her if I was still very much in love with Ari?

________________________

"Hey babe, happy One Month Anniversary!" Lupita squeals, running in through my doorway and jumping on me. Catching her, I support her by holding the undersides of her thighs as she wraps her legs around my waist.

She smiles widely, and taking my face with both of her hands, she crashes her lips onto mine. Shutting the door with my foot I carry her to the couch, laying her down gently before breaking the kiss. She parts her legs, allowing me to put my body comfortably between them.

Her eyes are closed blissfully as she tries to regain my lips. I smirk and place soft kisses along her jawline, making her arch her back upward. I move downward, kissing her neck, loving the way she shuddered. Licking the hollow of her neck, I suddenly jump off the couch and run into the kitchen.

"You can't just turn me on and leave me hanging!" Lupita groans loudly and obviously frustrated. I'm just finishing making our dinner when she snakes her arms around my waist from behind. Leaning forward on her tiptoes, she gently nibbles on my earlobe, making me groan subconsciously.

"Stop that." I say sternly, wiggling out of her arms. When I'm cooking, I can't have that kind of distraction. I might burn the house down. Pouting, she goes to the living room and I hear the TV turn on. After setting up the dining table and generously serving two plates, I walk into the living room.