XVlll

"What the hell is this about?" I ask. "Nothing." Camilla says, clearly hiding something big from me. "Guys, if this is about today, just forget it. It already happened and we need to move the hell on." I reason, looking at the two. They seriously needed to drop it. "Guys, wasn't the plan for al three of us was to hang out? How about we all take a late swim tonight and catch up? Just the three of us?" I offer, knowing that I could get something potentially useful out of the two. Camilla nods. "Sounds good, Lia". Niccolo mutters, walking off. It was just Camilla and I now. "Lia- he loves you. Don't you see it?" She finally spat. "Niccolo doesn't love me more than a friend. We've been over this". Camilla shook her head. "Idiota". (Dumbass). She says, walking away to her room. Now it was just me. Niccolo didn't love me. That simply doesn't make sense. And, I didn't love him. I loved no one. And that's how I've been since forever. Camilla was just being delusional. She wants excuses for Niccolo's behavior. I went back to my room, and lay down on my bed. I'm so confused. It's only day two and I got detention. I sigh. "Delilah, what the hell is happening? Aren't you supposed to be watching over me or something?" I say aloud. "Niccolo doesn't love me. It doesn't make sense. There never was a 'Niccolo and Lia' in the dating sense. There only was a 'Nicco and Lia' in the brother-sister sense. In a way, Niccolo was the brother I needed in life. Alexander was a fuck and he never cared about anything or anyone. Elouise's shrill voice ran through my head. "Niccolo and Ophelia sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G...." "Shut up Elouise!" I say aloud, but only getting the wave of pain when I relized I wanted her to say that next to me. "Elouise, leave Niccolo and Lia alone. She'll relaize soon enough that we all were right. It's only just a matter of time". My mother's voice spoke. "Ugh. Mom". I mutter. There was a sudden ding. I checked my phone.

Unknown: Hey pretty girl
Me: Who is this?
Unknown: Mb. It's Ren.
Me: Who gave you my number?
Unknown: Camilla.
Me: Niccolo's gonna kill her.
Unknown: Not if he doesn't find out
Me: You're a sly one, I must say. But, I would value life over getting killed by Niccolo.
Unknown: I'll take my chances. Lisetn, don't tell Niccolo?
Me: Obviously.
Unknown: Great. Cya around, Hall.
Me: Cya, Accardi.

I changed the name from 'Unkown' to 'Ren'. He was sure something. I smile to myself. Elouise's shrill voice spoe again: "Oooohh..... Ren and Opehlia has a nice ring to it. Mrs. Accardi- but, definitely not as good as Mrs. Rossi".. "Elouise would you shup up?!" I exclaim. I hadn't realized I was red in the face. "Stupida". (Stupid). I mutter. I ended up reading a book that evening, and realized it was dinner time, when Mrs. Rossi called everyone out. It was a weird silence between us. "Care to explain what's going on?" Mr. Rossi asks sternly. "It's nothing, Papa". Camilla said, eyeing Niccolo across the table. I just quietly ate my risotto as the two kept eyeing me. Niccolo sipped his wine. "So, I heard the two of you got detention today. Care to explain, Niccolo, Ophelia?" Well shit. "Uh- I uh-"... "And don't try lying. I heard the stories, and I want to confirm them with you two". "Mrs. Rossi-" I try, but she was furious. "I can't believe that you would do something to Niccolo's girlfriend, I mean, you two are pals. Is this why there is this tension between all of you?" Mrs. Rossi says, looking at Niccolo and I. "I'm sorry". I quietly say. That was a weak-ass response but it was al I got. "And Niccolo- why would you punch that young man in the face?" "That 'young man' had it coming." "And what did he do?" "It doesn't matter".. "Niccolo Genoveder Rossi, you better tell me what happened". "He messed with Lia, okay?" Mrs. Rossi's face furrowed. "What does that entail?" "He messed with her and I retaliated". Niccolo shot, angry yet annoyed. "te l'avevo detto". (I told you). Mr. Rossi muttered to Mrs. Rossi. "Told her what?" Niccolo pressed. "You know". Mr. Rossi tells him, sipping his wine. "non è vero". (It's not true). Niccolo spat angrily. I was confused as hell on what was going on. "oh chiudilo, Niccolò. lo sappiamo tutti! Quindi smettila di negarlo perché stai solo facendo del male a te stesso e a lei!" (oh shut it, Niccolo. we all know it! So stop denying it because you're only hurting yourself and her!) Camilla said, stepping in. What the hell were they all talking about?

Author's note:
Thank you all for reading and showing support especially: ArsonTheWalmartBag, bellarassati, bluelagoona05 :) love yall