Mission 2: Reputation

Sitting across a small table from each other, Asta and Yuno were getting ready to eat mashed tatoes that Yuno had made.

"Wow, this looks amazing, Yuno!," Asta complimented before taking a big scoop from his bowl and taking a bite. "This is awesome! They taste like the mashed tatoes we had back in the village!"

"That's because they are," Yuno revealed with an unamused look on his face. He liked tatoes as well, but he never understood how Asta could get so excited to eat them everyday. "I learned from helping Sister Lily whenever it was her turn to cook."

Upon hearing Yuno mention 'Sister Lily', Asta visibly flinched which didn't go unnoticed by his business partner. Yuno felt a pang of guilt for mentioning her name so casually like that and was just about to apologize to Asta.

"Asta, I'm-"

"Don't worry about it, Yuno," Asta interrupted, raising his hand to signify him wanting Yuno to stop. The muscle brained business man smiled sadly, yet reassuringly at his partner. "We shouldn't stop talking about her just because of what happened. She deserves better than that."

The smile on Asta's face started to become more reassuring as he continued to speak.

"Besides, Sister Lily's one of the strongest people I know. She's going to get better, just you wait and see."

Yuno looked at Asta with an unreadable expression before a smile graced his face.

"You're right. I'm sure she'll be just fine," he agreed.

Asta smiled brightly and nodded, responding with a "Yeah!" before going back to eat his dinner.

As they continued on with their dinner, Yuno decided to start the conversation back up again.

"So, how did you manage to get us that job, anyways?," the raven haired teenager asked.

"Oh, that?" Asta responded with his mouth full before swallowing the food in his mouth. "It was pretty easy, actually."

--------------------------------------------------------

A few minutes after Asta and Yuno split up, the muscular loud mouth went up person to person to talk about Devil May Cry. Unfortunately for him, no one seemed interested in the services that him and Yuno could provide for them.

"Come on! I can fix your door in no time! And I'll do it for a way cheaper price than anyone around!"

The last person that Asta had gone up to before meeting Seihi was a restaurant owner who was having troubles with their door.

"Like I already told you, I don't want your help! I'm already having a repairman come to fix it tomorrow! Now, would you get lost already!?"

Before Asta could respond, the restaurant owner walked back into their establishment, leaving a frustrated Asta behind.

"Urrrrgh! I don't get it!," Asta complained while gripping his head in exasperation. "What's with everyone!? Why does nobody here want my help!?"

"Hahaha!," the sound of a man chuckling came from behind Asta. The young, ash-blonde business owner turned to see an old man with short gray hair and a mustache and goatee. "You're new around the royal capital, aren't you?"

"Uhhh, yeah," Asta answered with a confused expression on his face. "How could you tell?"

"I've seen your type around here plenty of times," the old man responded.

Asta tilted his head in confusion, not understanding what the old man was saying.

"My type?"