Episode two 

The Ballad of Samson

EXT. HENRY'S ROOM - MORNING

As the sun rises, Henry is already awake, his journal open in front of him. He's been up all night, writing and rewriting, trying to capture the essence of the mysterious musician. He looks out the window, the town of Helmsley coming to life in the early morning light.

HENRY
(Voice-over)
Today is the day. I will find him and learn his story. I will not let fear or doubt stand in my way.

EXT. HELMSLEY - MAIN STREET - MORNING

Henry walks down the main street, his eyes scanning the crowd for any sign of the musician. He passes the saloon, the bank, the general store, but there's no sign of the mysterious musician.

INT. SALOON - MORNING

Henry enters the saloon, the smell of stale beer and smoke still lingering in the air from the night before. He approaches the bar, his heart pounding in his chest.

HENRY
(nervously)
Excuse me, sir. I'm looking for a gentleman. He was here last night, playing the guitar.

The BARTENDER, a grizzled old man with a bushy beard, looks up from cleaning a glass.

BARTENDER
(gruffly)
Samson, huh? Yeah, he was here. Left late last night. I don't know where he went. Can I get you a drink?

HENRY
(Disappointed)
No thank you.

Henry's heart sinks. He thanks the bartender and leaves the saloon, his mind racing with thoughts of what to do next.

The Ballad of Samson
Episode Two: Widow's Web

As Henry gathers his things to leave, AIMEE, a flirtatious harlot, approaches him, blocking his path.

AIMEE
(smiling)
Leaving so soon, handsome?

HENRY
(startled)
Oh, uh... yes. I was actually looking for Samson. I want to write about him.

AIMEE
(interested)
Samson, the bounty hunter? Well, you're in luck. He's at the sheriff's office, next block over.

HENRY
(astonished)
Really? Thank you so much!

Henry starts to walk away, but Aimee gently grabs his arm.

AIMEE
(coyly)
Before you go, tell me your name, handsome.

HENRY
(nervously)
I'm Henry. Henry Wilkins.

AIMEE
(smirking)
Henry... a charming name for a writer. Good luck with your story, Henry.

Henry smiles, feeling a mix of excitement and anticipation, and hurries out of the saloon.

EXT. MAIN STREET - DAY

The dusty town street is quiet, with only a few dimly lit lanterns illuminating the way. Henry walks briskly, clutching his notebook tightly.

INT. SHERIFF'S OFFICE - DAY

A dimly lit room with a few desks and a barred cell. Samson walks in, carrying Dusty over his shoulder. The sheriff, Deputy Howard, sits at the desk, with his feet up, smoking a cigar.

DUSTY
(Angry)
Damn you, music man

Samson slams Dusty into the empty cell.

Sheriff Howard:
(Lazily)
We've got more work for you if you're interested.

Samson:
(Tips hat)
I'm obliged.

EXT. TOWN SQUARE - DAY

Samson steps out into a dusty street, lined with wooden storefronts. He heads towards his horse tied up outside the town's saloon.