The Second, Who Tricked Time

"Why is the Supreme Throne so fixated on being with that Mystes?" the Flaming-Haired Blazing-Eyed Hunter inquired as she let herself in Yukari Hirai's apartment, "apart from the Reiji Maigo... which she really doesn't seem to actually want to utilize any time soon."

"We have already seen that the two of them share a very close bond, perhaps one that is even deeper than what we had initially thought. From their conversation earlier, I would say that she is actually in love with the Mystes." Alastor's last statement held some slight doubt due to who the Supreme Throne was known as, but he had also already seen undeniable evidence of it.

"Love? You mean she's very deeply emotionally attached?" the wholly inexperienced Shana said, disbelieving.

"Contrary to the beliefs of many people, including Flame Hazes, Crimson Denizens are still people in their own right, with their own capacity for emotions."

When Shana had changed into her pajamas, she picked up her cellphone. "That reminds me, I promised to call Wilhelmina."

"She should be somewhere in the Western part of the world right now, gathering information regarding the events leading up to the Reiji Maigo being separated from its original owner," Alastor reminded her as the Flame Haze dialled the number of a certain maid-like Flame Haze.

"Hello ~de arimasuka?"

"Ah, Wilhelmina," Shana said, immediately perking up, "are you doing alright? Other than a few Bal Masque meetings, nothing really noteworthy has happened over here yet. Have you found out anything about the Reiji Maigo?"

"Yes, you called at just the right time. I have finally uncovered all the information I needed and put them together only a few hours ago ~de arimasu."

"So will you be coming back here soon?"

"I would, but it seems that Outlaw has already begun to make their own move ahead of time, against my advice ~de arimasu."

"Ignorance and impatience breeds fear and anxiety," Tiamat added.

"So why can't you come along with them, or try to beat them here?"

"Because, as I have also found out just recently, many key figures in Outlaw suspect you and I of betrayal ~de arimasu."

"Why would they think we'd go against them and the Flame Hazes?" Shana said, infuriated at the thought.

Alastor was angry as well. "Indeed, of all people they would suspect the one contracted to me? Besides that, the two of you have already proven yourselves time and time again to be the most firm in your duties as Flame Hazes."

"No doubt the seeds had been planted when the Chanter of Elegies had defected to the side of Bal Masque. So, when you had entered Misaki City later on, and reached a truce with them, they began to suspect ~de arimasu."

For a moment, Wilhelmina was silent on her end of the line, as if considering a thought.

"But the Flame of Heaven is right, that alone should not be enough for the society of Flame Haze to suspect you, since the Flame Haze contracted to the Flame of Heaven and God of Atonement is entitled to observe any group and pass judgement. There is something else happening that we cannot see ~de arimasu."

"Foul play."

"But who would spread such a lie, and what would they gain from it?" Alastor raised the question that the four had been wondering.

After a while of silent pondering, Wilhelmina made another inquiry. "Is there truly nothing of importance or urgency regarding Bal Masque in that city ~de arimasuka?"