A Squib Or Just God Awful At Magic

"Alabaster you need to get up," Oliver said.

"I am up," Alabaster murmured from where he was face down on the bed.

"Well you need to get up for classes," Oliver pointed out.

Alabaster sighed and rolled to face Oliver who was standing, looking down at him with a stern expression. "I am."

"It doesn't look like it to me," Oliver said. "Come on, you can't miss class."

"And I haven't missed class...not many," Alabaster muttered.

"You haven't been to class for two weeks."

Alabaster sighed. "I get extremely distracted in class therefore leading me to learn absolutely nothing which has the same effect if I just stay in the dorm which in my opinion I like a whole lot better." He pulled the blankets over his head.

Oliver sighed. Ever since Alabaster had gotten out of the Hospital Wing he had been even more anxious. Oliver didn't even think that was possible but Alabaster was proving him wrong as he would not even leave the dormitory. That and he was too focused on the fact that a student had died rather than his classes. Oliver knew it was sad that a student had died but Alabaster didn't even know her so why was he acting the way he was? It was either staying in the dormitory saying nothing or talking about Alice Bell, nothing else.

Oliver shook him. "You want to talk about what is bothering you?"

Alabaster shot up, making Oliver jump back in surprise. "Everything!"

Oliver gave him a confused look. "What do you mean everything?"

Alabaster sighed and uncovered his head so he was looking directly at Oliver (well not directly as eye contact was hard for him through the worried feeling in his stomach, even though his parents had taught him to always look at people when they were speaking no matter what). "Nothing is making sense."

"What is not making sense?"

"Alice Bell–"

Oliver sighed. "You have to move on from her! You can't keep thinking of her death. It is getting in the way of everything. You don't want to fail first year right?"

Alabaster shook his head quickly. "Of course not."

"Then you need to just...move on."

"But–"

"No," Oliver cut him off. "You need to think of something else for a change."

"Like what?"

"Your homework, your classes, literally anything else," Oliver told him.

Alabaster stared at him. "What day is it?"

"Monday," Oliver informed him. "You know Fiona is worried about you, right? I am too."

Alabaster gave him a confused look. "Why?"

"Because the only reason you leave this room is if I make you now!" Oliver said, frustrated. "Alabaster I know Alice Bell's death was a shock and I know your cousin got upset with you and I know that you're confused and honestly I am too."

"You are?" Alabaster asked.

"Yes!" Oliver exclaimed. "You do realise she was killed because she was a blood traitor right? I don't agree, but–"

"See that is what I don't get," Alabaster said. "Why was she killed because of that? It makes no sense."

Oliver stared at him, "Do you know what a blood traitor is or...?"