guilty

⚠️There's a bit of swearing in this chapter, and accidental murder⚠️
Marina's POV:
I woke up with this weird gut feeling that something bad was gonna happen but I just pushed it off, when I heard my phone ringing. I walked over going to answer it, trying to walk over scrapped songs I wrote and my keyboard

"Hey Marina, you're still coming over to watch Scruffy today right?"
"Yes, I'm gonna get ready then I'll be over, should be around 30-40 minutes!"
"Okay, thank you so much! I'll see you soon bye!"
"Bye"

I was supposed to help my friend out with
watching her dog today, I put the phone back ( it's a wall phone, this is around the early 2010's late 2000's ) and walked into my bathroom and started to get ready. I looked over my outfit, and decided it was good enough so I finished up everything else and I started walking over to her place.

—————————————————————————
Once I got there, and she was waiting outside.
"Oh my God, thank you so much Marina, this means a lot since I have to get to somewhere important" She ran up to me, and hugged me, Scruffy following her
"Yeah, it's really no problem, get there safe!" I yell, because she was already walking away.
Scruffy was walking over to me and looked up at me and I tried to pick the curly haired dog up, but when I did, his legs made this weird snapping noises that didn't sound like they were meant to.
"What the hell?" I muttered and ran inside and set him down gently and he whined and laid down.
"Okay, I don't think that's normal." I ponder
'Did I pick him up wrong?'

After a few hours he jumped up on the couch, and I sat next to him and grabbed the remote and turned the TV on and started scanning through channels, but nothing really seemed all that appealing to me so I shut it off and looked over at Scruffy.
"Should we go for a walk?" I ask and he wagged his tail a bit so I grabbed bags, his leash, and my bag and put his leash on and tried to pick him up, but my posture wasn't all that good, so his legs cracked, louder this time and he cried in pain and fell out of my arms and got knocked out and I tried to wake him up with no luck, then realized that he had no pulse. He's not just knocked out. He's dead.
He's dead.
'Oh my god, I just killed my best friends dog! I won't be trusted ever again! I could be sent to court! What do I do, do I tell the truth to be never trusted or forgiven again? Or do I.. hide the evidence? And flee..'
I picked him up again, some of his fur stained with a dark red substance, and I rubbed it, then hid it in a cabinet and put stuff in front of it, and grabbed my bag and ran. I ran and ran and ran, not knowing where I was going. I ran for hours and hours til my legs have out and I looked around, and noticed that I was not in the same town anymore. I don't even know where I am. And then I quickly realized
'I don't even know where I am, my legs just gave out! I'm just a kid, all I really want is my father right now. And now I'm guilty on the run. And I know what I have done, and I'm never forgiven.'

-A FEW YEARS AFTER-
I'm sitting on a park bench, writing these songs with stolen notebooks, and my stolen keyboard. I didn't feel good after what happened, I've nearly been caught so many times and have been recognized because I've stolen a lot just to live. And then suddenly, it all becomes clear. I've been sorry, all these years, I've been ignoring the thoughts, been writing songs to distract myself. Guilty on the run. And I know what I have done.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*
I woke up in a cold sweat, that, all that, was a dream?! That cant be-
My thoughts were cut off by my phone ringing

'H-hello?'
'Hey, Marina! You're still up to watching my dog today right?'
'I- I'm sorry. I can't. I got really sick'
'Oh, it's okay! I can find someone else, get better soon, Marina!'
'Thank you' I said, before putting the phone down, recapping everything that just happened.

Word count:: 784 words
Please leave requests or comments if you have any!