Chapter Twenty-Seven

Percy

After four painful hours, the Yule ball did come to an end eventually. Percy was sure he was one of the first people to go out the doors the moment they turned that melodic horror they called music. After that dreadful night, all he wanted to do was go to his room, on the other side of the castle, far away when no one could bother him, and cuddle up alone in his bed. He could try sleeping, though he hasn't slept for almost four months now. He didn't know how, but he still wasn't tired, no matter how hard he tried he couldn't get himself to sleep. Percy was afraid that one of these days it will catch up with him and he'll be asleep for months like a bear in hibernation.

As he was walking through the castle he hoped he would make it to his room without any more interactions, but he wasn't that lucky. When he made his way down to the north hall, in a dark and narrow hallway near the history of magic classroom, he saw Valerie. She was dragging, or attempting to drag, Audrey's body through the floor. Before Percy could say anything she spoke. "She's not dead I swear. Just very drunk," she said.

He tilted his head, "That's what I was hoping"
Valerie looked at him humorlessly, "Help?"
Percy sighed, "Fine, but this better be the last time," he grumbled, thinking about the last Halloween. He stepped forward to assist her with Audrey's semi-conscious form.

Together, they managed to maneuver Audrey down the corridor, their steps quiet as they tried not to attract any unwanted attention. Percy couldn't shake the feeling that this situation was becoming oddly familiar.
"So, how did she end up like this again?" Percy asked, a hint of amusement in his voice.
Valerie rolled her eyes "Malfoy." She didn't need to say anything else, he nodded in understanding.

As they reached the staircase leading to the Gryffindor common room, Valerie hesitated. "We can't take her there. The common room is too crowded, and someone's bound to notice" she said, her expression thoughtful, "Percy..."

He sighed, already knowing what she was going to ask. "Fine. We can put her in my room. But she's staying on the floor"
Valerie nodded and they managed to reach Percy's room without any major incidents, and he helped her settle Audrey on the floor. Audrey mumbled incoherently, blissfully unaware of the situation.

Valerie looked at her, "I think she doesn't like the floor"
"I can put a towel beneath her but that's about it" he offered.
Valerie raised an eyebrow, a smirk playing on her lips. "Wow a towel?! You're such a gentleman. Who knew you had it in you?"
He glared at her, not really appreciating her sarcasm. Valerie chuckled, "Get the towel. We need to make sure she's comfortable enough to sleep off whatever Malfoy decided to share with her"
Percy nodded and fetched a towel from his closet.

Valerie helped him carefully place the towel beneath Audrey, making sure she was somewhat more comfortable on the floor. Audrey stirred, murmuring something unintelligible, but she remained in her inebriated slumber.
Valerie turned to Percy, "You think she's comfortable?"
Percy couldn't help but chuckle at the absurdity of the situation. "As comfortable as one can be on a cold stone floor, I suppose."
Valerie chuckled and sat down on the floor. "Well, thanks for helping out. I owe you one."

Percy sighed, feeling a mixture of annoyance and amusement. "At this point, you owe me more than one Val," he said, remembering all the previous times.
She smirked, her eyes glinting mischievously, "Maybe, but you always say yes so I'll take as much advantage while it lasts. Though i'm starting to think you secretly enjoy it"
Percy shot her a skeptical look, "Enjoy is a strong word. More like endure."

She laughed, the sound echoing in the room. "Fair enough. I guess I'll have to find a way to repay you properly one of these days."
He raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "And how do you plan on doing that?"