Chapter 5: Sweet serenity

I woke up this morning to the feeling of someone poking my cheek. I was still so tired, and exhausted from last night so I turned around and had my back turned to whatever the poking was coming from. But then I felt it again and sighed heavily. I reluctantly opened my eyes and saw Beeg4 sitting on his knees near my face with his arm extended to me with his index finger pointed out. 

"Good morning." He said. I groaned quietly and rubbed my face. 

"Mornin." I said and turned to my back. 

"SMG3 and Mario are waiting for you outside." Beeg told me. I sat up and reached for my phone to check the time. 

It was 10:00. 

I turned off my phone and slowly got out of bed. When I was standing on both feet I could feel the world around me moving and I stumbled before making my way to the kitchen. When I walked out of my room I could feel how messy my hair was without touching it. 

I was so tired, I woke up about 10 different times last night because of the memes. They were so noisy.
I walked into the kitchen and saw SMG3 and Mario sipping what I assumed was coffee. 

"Took ya long enough. Got you some caffeine." SMG3 said and handed me a coffee cup from his shop. I took a sip and it was a latte. 

"Where are the memes?" I asked. 

"Two of them were ready to leave when I got here, so the other eight are in the gaming room." SMG3 answered. 

"You told Mario to be here no later than 9:30 and you were still sleeping when we got here!" Mario complained. 

"Sorry dude, I was just so exhausted from yesterday and kept waking up. But thanks for coming. We need you to watch the memes along with Beeg." I said and sipped some more of my latte. 

"AND Eggdog! We're gonna be finding out where the source of this whole problem started in the first place." SMG3 added.

I almost forgot I was going to tell him about the pond and our string. God why was I so nervous? My eyes led from my hand, to the string leading to SMG3's hand clasped around his coffee cup. 

"You guys better pay me with lotsa spaghetti." Mario said. 

"Sure lotsa spaghetti. Anyway Four, we should probably head out soon. So go get ready because you look like a hobo." SMG3 said and looked at my messy hair. 
I didn't argue or even say anything. I was too tired. So I just nodded and headed back to my room. 

I sipped my latte in between getting ready to head out. I brushed my hair, dressed myself in my everyday outfit, brushed my teeth, and grabbed my phone before walking out. I halted at my door moments before my palm made contact with the doorknob. 

Maybe I could finish this "Fanfic" on my own. Maybe SMG3 will never have to know as long as he doesn't touch the water.
I slowly turned my head to look at my laptop contemplating on what to do.  

I soon made my mind and sped walked to my laptop researching about "The Red String" a bit further than I already have, opening many tabs, clicking on an abundance of websites.

Soon however my concentration and focus was torn away when I heard SMG3 banging on my door. 

"Dude can you take any longer?!" He yelled. I quickly slammed my laptop shut and ran over to the door. 

"Yeah lets go." I said and drank the rest of my caffeine. 

When we headed out SMG3 pulled out a folded paper from his pocket. When he unfolded it, it revealed to be a filed report from one of the dead memes that already left.