Wattpad Original
There are 18 more free parts

Ch 9: Caterina

"Is that Lex?" I point to a picture of a baby boy in the bathtub, holding up a toy car. Cesar has been showing me photo albums, one after another, since we arrived. Matteo Valentino is the second eldest and not so different from Lex. Both of their aura screams don't fuck with me. It's still uncanny how each brother looks like he stole the other's face. I get they are brothers, but to look so alike yet different is creepy.

"No, that's Raf. You'll meet him shortly." Cesar answers. "Are you nervous about having dinner with us?"

"No." I lie. I've never been nervous about meetings. I'm Caterina Marchetti. However, I'm walking into the Luficer's dungeon, unprepared and unprotected. Anything and everything could go wrong, and no one in my family would know. Father has not once tried to reach out to me. I'm sure he has Lex's number to call. Could Erick have been right? Does Father only see me as a pawn?

"Liar. But don't worry, we Valentino men are always on our best behavior. Our sister taught us well." He closes the album and scans the massive living room. "So let me give you a rundown on everyone at this dinner. Don't worry, our parents won't be there."

"Okay."

"You've met Matteo briefly. He is like Alex's twin but colder and ruthless. He will have a soft spot for you if you love and know art. Then there is Rafael he is more carefree than the other two. I think you will hit it off well with him. He's a big foodie, and if you love food—"

"Then he will have a soft spot for me. Correct?"

He snaps his fingers. "Si, cognata. One more bit of advice: you have to be assertive with my older brothers. If you let them walk over you once, they'll do it every time. Trust me, I know."

"Cesar, thank you for such an insight on your brothers." He said nothing useful. My plan of revenge seems to be slipping from my grasp. I don't have a foot to stand on here. If I don't get in good graces with Lex, all the sacrifices I made will be for nothing. "I think I should head back to Lex's villa."

"Crazy Cat, don't tell me you're missing my brother already?"

"I'm not. I'm realizing it's inappropriate to be here without him."

"But you aren't here without him." He stands. "Follow me."

Cesar takes us to the kitchen, and I freeze. Lex, Matteo, and I assume Rafael is the third man sitting at the table. The three speak in hush tones and stop when Cesar makes our presence known. Each brother's face lights up at the sight of Cesar, well Matteo, and Rafael. Lex is glaring at me.

"Fratellones," Cesar drapes his arm around my shoulder. "Sorry to interrupt, but our congnata here wanted to leave because she thought Lex wasn't here."

I elbow him in the side, forcing a smile on my face. "Cesar is such a jokester."

"But you—"

"Cesar, shut up," I whisper, shrugging his arm off me.

"Caterina, come." Lex tilts his head, and my feet move before I can process my actions. I'm sure there is a submissive buried deep within me, but for it to start making its appearance now isn't ideal. It's too late now. I'm already standing beside him. "Sit."

"I'm not a dog." I glare at him.

"Didn't say you were." He gestures for the chair next to him. "Sit."

Being treated as if I'm some mafia bunny in front of his brothers pisses me off. It shouldn't surprise me that he would try to humiliate me. After all, this man is trying to dictate my every move. Taking my cell and keeping me locked away is one thing, but purposely trying to treat me like a bunny is unforgivable.