THIRTEEN

-Engfa- POV

It's 6pm and I just finished my last class for the day and I was heading back home to my girlfriend, I wonder what she was doing. My phone ran out of battery so I can't text her, I bet she's pissed off me again.

I walked down the hallway and knocked to the door coz I forgot to bring my keys but that's ok.

It flew open revealing four people. Charlotte and her family. I just dropped my jaw and I think I forgot how to breathe.

"Engfa." she greeted.

"Oh so this is Engfa?" her mom asked.

I was still at the door trying to take in what was really happening. I can't believe they're here. Her mother looks so beautiful, now I know where she got those beautiful face, her sister was so cute and her dad...well, he looked tough and I think I would pass out right in that moment.

"Yeah, uhm...Papa, Mami, Aoom, this is Engfa, she's..."

Char looked at me like she was trying to get answers fromy my eyes.

"her roomate." and I cut her off extending my hand to her dad which he accepted and I turned to her mom and shook our hands.

"Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Austin, it's a pleasure to meet you." I tried to sound as respectful as possible.

"oh it is so nice to finally meet you."

"Hi little princess, how are you?"

I get down and initiated a high five which brought a smile on her face.

"I'm fine. You're so beautiful, I love your eyes."

"Oh thank you, you're so sweet."

The little girl was just so cute just like her sister.

I looked at Charlotte as if we were giving each other signals.

"Since you're now here, do you wanna join us for dinner?"

I turned to look at Char again and I just knew she was holding her breathe letting me know that she doesn't like the idea.

"I'd love to Mr. Austin but I got a...group study today, in fact, I just dropped by to get some books."

"Papa, I told you she's busy, she got a lot of things to do, right Engfa?"

"Yeah, I'm really sorry."

"That's ok, maybe we can do it another time."

"Yeah sure."

I grabbed the books and get my bag.

"So, I gotta go. Need to study."

I cheered a little trying to look natural.

"You're so diligent and thank you for helping Charlotte with her homework by the way."

"No problem, she helps me with some things too and I feel so lucky to have her as my roomate."

We shared a smile and I gestured to the door.

"I should get going, thanks for the visit."

"yeah, goodluck with your studies."

"thanks, bye."

I looked down to little Austin, she's very pretty with a big smile just like her sister.

"Bye, princess."

"Bye, Engfa , hope I'll see you again."

"Sure why not?"

I looked at Charlotte and our eyes met I gave her a sad smile and maybe she knew this was difficult for me, I wanted to stay so bad and get to know her family but that' s just impossible because she she doesn't want to.