Shine

Emily is feeling a bit insecure about her body figure, Rex reassures her that's she's beautiful the way she is.
___________________________________

Emily Brickowski was having a bad day, a horrible day to say the least.

It was just another day at work in Bricksburg. Sun shining, birds singing, another day at her work. Until some co-worker made a rude comment about her at work about her...Figure.

"Who her? I mean, She's cute and all I guess, but she's a little on the 'plus side' if you know what I mean." The jerk laughed, nudging his friend beside him.

And frankly, It wasn't the first time that happened to her. Mostly all of her life. Emily was subjected to negative body comments her whole life growing up, either she was too thin or too big, too quiet or too loud, her hair was too long or too short.

The construction worker tugged on to her shirt, grimacing at the shape of her body in her mirror. She saw herself just bloated, taking almost the entire mirror to see her body entirely. Covered head to toe with nothing but chubbiness.

'Am I really that...fat?' She thought in her head.

"Emmy!" A male voice called out to her outside, snapping her out of her thoughts. She looks out her window to see the incredible, cool ship: Rex-celcior, which belongs to her friend, Rex Dangervest.

"Guess who's back!"

Emily gasped as she saw Rex's ship land in front of him, her eyes lit up with excitement.

"REXY!" Emily exclaimed happily, The door of his ship opened and Rex walked out with his trademark grin. "Hey, Em-bear! Ya Miss me?"

Emily ran to him and hugged him tightly and Rex laughed as he picked her up and twirled her around. The two laughed as they spun before Rex gently put her back down again.

"I'm so so happy to see you, Rex!" The brunette beamed, barely containing herself. It's been days since they last saw each other. Well, I mean he did tried to turn back time and almost ended the world.

But hey, people change.

"Yeah, Sorry about that. Had some trouble on a a planet at a nearby galaxy." Rex apologized as he scratched the back of his head.

"Really?" Emily asked with a look of awe as she stared at the time traveler. "What happened?!"

"Well it's a pretty long story...."

"Well I—" Emily started before being interrupted by Rex.

"There I was, fighting these giant tree monsters, probably one of the toughest ones I've ever encountered, of course there weren't tougher than me." Rex said with his trademark grin.

'Alien...trees?' Emily thought with a look on confusion and amusement. Even though she never understands his adventures she enjoys listening to them.

"So anyway, after all that harsh enduring of those rabid alien raccoons and escaping from green skinned amazon warriors babes. Nothing could stop me from completing my mission." He stated dramatically before pulling a bouquet of blue flowers from behind his back.