EPISODE 2: The Chaos Guardians

Following up on the previous episode, in Green Hills before the time distortion, a yellow aura spins across a bridge in the background. Shadow drifts right and left and jumps over a rock. A bird's eye view shows him weaving around the area. He then jumps onto a rock high in the air before spin attacking a rock, breaking it. He stands for a brief moment and looks around, before spinning again, drifting into and stepping onto another clump of rocks, before shattering them. He spin attacks and destroys another rock. He looks around, then spin dashes and breaks another rock. He runs into another heap and dives in slow motion with his fists and feet in the air. He pummels and breaks them, generating a cloud of dust with covers the screen. As the dust clears, a green gem floats in front of him.

 As the dust clears, a green gem floats in front of him

ULTIMATE LIFE FORM
SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG

Shadow: Chaos Emerald.

He holds it with a smile.

Shadow: There you are.

He holds it up high.

Shadow: Chaos Control!

He disappears in a ball of light with the Emerald, then reappears, running on a narrow winding platform. He grinds to a halt. He feels a rumble as he notices little birds fly upwards. Shadow looks down at the pebbles moving about on the shaking ground before looking ahead. A glowing sparking shockwave heads towards him, forcing him into his combat pose. He tries to brace himself, but the shockwave engulfs him in a bright light. In the void, a clear ball of light appears in a red core, with Sonic peeling around it. Shadow's gloves reach towards it. Back to Green Hills, a blizzard of bubbles and sparks scatter around Shadow. The shockwave moves away.

Shadow: Sonic...

With an angry glare, Shadow speeds through Green Hill again, having cleared a straight line across the landscape, collecting rings at high speed. On the other side, Sonic is also seen dashing through Green Hill, collecting rings in the process. All of a sudden, he sees Shadow right in front of him. Shadow has jumped off of a grass ledge to smack Sonic right in the face at full speed.

Sonic: Aaaahaagh!

He grunts as he is socked by Shadow into the air. The camera pans on a slow-motion flying Sonic's face and time freezes.

Sonic (Narrating): So, I know what you're thinking. "Sonic has a twin brother?!" Well, no.

The camera pans in on Shadow.

Sonic (Narrating): This guy right here is Shadow and he's kinda my biggest rival.

A thumbnail appears. It shows Shadow busting open a rock.

Sonic (Narrating): He's also a real buzz-kill. And by the way, he roller-skates!

A second thumbnail appears, showing Shadow skating with his Air Shoes. He seems to take notice of Sonic's voice over comment on his shoes.