𝐟 𝐢 𝐯 𝐞 𝐭 𝐞 𝐞 𝐧

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐

that should be me ʲᵘˢᵗⁱⁿ ᵇᵉⁱᵇᵉʳ

that should be me, holding your hand

└───❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚┘

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ,ⁱⁿˢᵗᵃᵍʳᵃᵐ

IVY AND LANDO walked beside each other through the paddock of the monaco grand prix. behind them, jacob and max walked along side each other, making polite small talk.

jacobs eyes were trained to the pair infront, watching the way ivys eyes lit up while she talked to him and how they both radiated joy whenever they were in each others presence.

"are you ready for the race?" she asked him, shielding her face from the bright monaco sun with her hands.

"yeah... yeah i think so." lando replied, although neither were quite sure if he was telling the truth.

although the two were back on good terms, there was still a certain aura of awkwardness hanging over them. they hadn't talked about the way they cut contact for months out of nowhere, or how they were so close to getting together and all of a sudden they were strangers.

"here." lando grinned, placing his ray-ban sunglasses on ivys face to protect her from the sun. she giggled at his fetal attempt to get them on her, taking them out of his hands and doing in herself.

they were friends again. but no matter what they said, they was still an awkward pause after everything was said, before one of them found a new topic to talk about. it just didn't feel the same.

the four arrived at the mclaren garage, lando splitting off to do race prep and jacob being pulled away by an interviewer.

max and ivy stood next to one another, staring out at the track.

"i missed you." she told him, placing her head on his chest as he wrapped a arm around her.

"i missed you too. i'm sorry about lando." he told his little sister, rubbing her arm as to comfort her.

"so am i." ivy smiled weakly. she really wanted something to happen between them. "i dont know why he just stopped talking to me. did i do something wrong?"

"no, it wasn't you. i promise."

"what was it then, max? what happened?" ivy was exasperated. she was tired, she was upset, and overall she just felt helpless.

"you know how he felt about you, right? well, feels. i dont know. i dont know what he feels right now."

ivys eyebrows furrowed. what the fuck did he feel? "no...?"

"what? your joking right?" max was completely dumbfounded she hadn't noticed how he acted around her. "vee, hes been in love with you since we were 7."

ivys mouth dropped. "what?"

"hey guys! i'm back." jacobs australian accent pierced ivys bubble. oh shit. jacob. "some guy wanted an interview- are you okay ivy?"

"huh?" she looked up at him, trying to act as normal as possible. "oh yeah. i'm great. what was he asking you about?" she leant up, pecking his cheek.