10 - Coeur and Blood (Part 5)

The swords glowed in a faint light. The ground they're attached to cracked in pieces.

The swords glinted under the sun, reflecting the rays of the light perfectly. They're short but elegant as if they had come straight out of a fairy tale.

A red streak drops from the sky like a bullet and crashes to the ground in front, shattering the pavement with the impact, causing a large hole in its place. When the dust settled, the two swords gleamed brightly, and their owner stepped out.

He has stiff features, a sharp nose, and a hard expression.

His auburn-red hair with a small streak of white fluttered.

He wore body armor of a sleeveless black tight shirt with silver accents that seemed to outline muscles, black pants with two straps on his tights, and trouser-attached black metal-plated shoes. A two separate sleeved-red coat with yellow diagonal patterns connected by a metal plate at the back which covered his arms, and a separate red open skirt that ended above his shins with the top tied with an agenaki knot, covered by a silver metal plate. A large white blanket-like layer is draped over him.

A pair of golden-brown eyes glint dangerously.

Lucien and Jules watched as the newcomer strode towards them. His figure exuded an intimidating aura. He stood proudly before them, and they could feel a strong and confident power radiating from him. But there was one thing that stood out the most. His eyes.

They were golden. No. It was almost like two glowing embers were hidden inside his eyes. The flames reflected the setting sun behind him. A faint glow surrounded him, but it was nowhere near bright or powerful enough to compete against the light radiating off of his eyes. His eyes are as sharp as steel. It was unnerving and terrifying.

"What is this? Another one to dispute against me?" Lucien's eyes narrowed, however. This man is plain dangerous.

"I'm not here to dispute against you," He spoke, the white layer on him disappearing in motes of blue lights.

"I'm here to put an end to you."

Lucien raised his eyebrows at the bold declaration, "I'll gladly accept that challenge. But how do you expect to do that? I've got better tricks up my sleeve than someone like you can deal with—!"

Then, before either Lucien or Jules could react, he disappeared. Just like that. He reappeared in front of him with a single leap and came crashing down upon Lucien.

Lucien's widened and barely dodged the attack swiftly, jumping forward to deliver a kick to the man's face, but it only glanced him off of his shoulder. Without wasting any time, the man darted forward, landing a fist square in Lucien's gut.

A groan escaped from Lucien's lips and he witnessed himself being sent flying. Before he could even touch the ground, the man kicked Lucien across the head with enough force to send him flying backward again.

"Aargh! Halt!" Lucien's eyes glowed fiercely before a pair of bat-like wings sprouted from his back. His hands flared with malicious energy. Then, he shot straight up into the air, heading towards the mysterious man, who was now holding the two Yin-Yang blades and attacked him once again in a flurry of stashes.

The stranger's movements were rapid, like lightning, as he sliced every single time. However, he always managed to deflect and dodge every attack from him.

But it wasn't until he caught sight of Lucien's wings that he suddenly changed tactics. Instead of dodging the attacks, he jumps straight toward them.

Before Lucien could react to his actions, the stranger grabbed one of his wings with one hand, and pulled him closer to himself, pressing his other arm on his shoulders and using his weight to pin him to the ground. On the other hand, he punches him directly in the face.