2. The Tajimas

🛑THIS STORY IS ONLY SUPPOSED TO BE ON WATTPAD, NO SITE IS ALLOWED TO USE IT AS I (Rajput29) HAVE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ON IT. ANY SITE USING IT WILL BE REPORTED. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE. (Jan 27, 2024)

"There's definitely something wrong with your family. I must stay close to you and prepare myself for the worst..." said Hanako. "I need to investigate this matter..."

"Hm...well why did you come here from the Ninja Blue?" asked Mizuki.

"The higher-ups sent me to assassinate a certain man...He was exiled from the Ninja Blue nine years ago...But he is a powerful guy. I am afraid of him...I can't confront that man and defeat — "

"If you ain't capable of defeating him, then why did the higher-ups send you in the first place?! "

"That's what's bothering me...I can't question 'em. I am obligated to follow their orders..."

"That's a pretty messed up situation then...Say, why do you even attend the school?"

"You are at the greatest risk, and so I have decided to stay with you every time as your family is also at risk."

The next day, Whenever Hanako felt threatened, she would excuse herself, transform into a ninja in the restroom, and investigate.

Mizuki would always sit with Akira, his best friend. He was mockingly called 'Four-eyes', for he was the only one in the whole class who wore glasses. He used to come well-dressed up, wearing the 'Class Monitor' badge on his tie — his tie was different from others in the way that he received it as an award for scoring 100% in all subjects. His tie would shine, and he had altered his shirt and pants which made him look cool. Every time, all the girls would gather around him.

"Jeez. I'm jealous of him...All the girls surround him, and here see us, he doesn't even give a damn about us...He either talks to the girls or his best friend, Mizuki..."

As Mizuki returned to home from school, he felt strange...He couldn't see Hanako around. He didn't care though, since it wasn't his business. 

"I feel queer...It's like the previous time...something is not right — should I check?! No, I mustn't. I don't have the guts to turn around...I should keep moving forward" thought Mizuki. 

But he couldn't prevent but look behind. He was shocked! Dozens of fiends were behind him. It appeared as if they were ready to devour him anytime! 

"Oi!!! Hanako!!! Help!!!!!!!" he shouted. 

Suddenly a figure appeared — no it wasn't Hanako. The figure killed the fiends one by one, using a strange technique.

"Looks like I made it on time..." said Akira. Mizuki was stunned. He had tonnes of questions in his mind. He was confused about which one to ask first...

"Tha-thank yo-you! I-I'm sup-suprised, Akira! Yo-you can see 'em?!" he stammered. 

"Yep, I can. I wanted to keep it a secret though..."

"Ju-just wh-who in the wor-world are you?!"

"I'm neither a ninja nor a human...I'm a Tajima!"

"Tajima?!"

"Tajima is a race, just like the ninjas. But, we're a bit different from them, in the way that we use the power of light for combat."

"And you're also visible to normal humans too"

"Yes, exactly".

Tajima — a prominent race that existed twelve years ago. When the almighty god created humans, he also created purifiers — Tajimas, and destroyers — fiends. But, then there was also the need for balancers, and so appeared the ninjas. Tajimas were the ones responsible for killing fiends. But soon they realized that there was no need to kill them — they just devoured the souls of the dead ones, which anyway, would get absorbed by the earth.