Chapter 13: Black Eye

That day was different from Nagal's point of view. It was the first time he would be separated by Kilya. She decided to join the Intergalactic Scouts Programme in New Earth. Kilya convinced some of her friends to join as well, she even want Nagal to join her, but Nagal refused. It's not that Nagal didn't want to join her, of course he wanted to explore other planets with his loved one, but he had other concerns, he was too anxious when he's facing new people and unfamiliar cultures. Meeting James Cutler and Mr. Lennington was already too much for him. He didn't know how to engage in the conversations with other people. Kilya couldn't force him.

Nagal was thinking about the day after. Would he go to the airport to see Kilya leaving the airport. Or would he stay in his house, because he didn't want to see Kilya leaving the planet. He didn't know what to do. He wanted to see Kilya's face for the last time before she's leaving, but at the same time, he also didn't want to be always reminded of her face. "Nagal why didn't you eat?" Jehera asked Nagal and shook him from his thoughts. Nagal didn't answer her and scoop his food to his mouth.

******

Hagai walked to Kilya's room and knocked. Kilya opened it and saw his dad in front of the door. "You're done packing? Hagai asked.

"Not yet, I'm still deciding on what to bring and not what to bring." Kilya did say that she's confused but her face only showed excitement.

"I don't think you have to worry that much. The New Earthians will probably facilitate the basic stuff. They probably can provide you more once you're with them. Just make sure you bring the things that was on the list. I remember it was not a long list." Hagai tried to advise Kilya, but he was not sure whether Kilya was listening to him. She was too focused on packing.

Hagai wanted to say something, but both Hagai and Kilya heard a bell rang from the door. Hagai then opened it, but he didn't see anyone outside. He then looked below to see a mysterious box. It was a simple cardboard box with ink written on it "For: Kilya". Hagai picked it up and brought it to Kilya's room.

"Kilya, it's for you." Hagai handed over the box to Kilya's hands. Kilya wanted to open it, but he took a glance at Hagai first, signaling him to politely leave the room because Kilya wanted to open the box by herself. Hagai then smiled and took his step outside, feeling a bit offended, but he shrug it off because he understood.

Kilya was by herself inside the room. She then opened the box, she found out that it was. A medical kit, with many types of medicine, band-aids and some liquid to heal wounds. That was well thought of, knowing that Kilya will leave the planet soon. Under the lid, it was drawn and written, giving clues of the person who gave Kilya the box.

It's a drawing of the figure, Capricornus, an Earthian "goat". There was a letter inside the box that said "Have a safe trip, Kilya, I hope that I can listen to all your stories and experiences when you come back to Krosia." A tear came from Kilya's left eye, she knew that Nagal sent this, and still trying to be supportive although she knew that he didn't want her to leave. She hoped that she could see him for one last time tomorrow, before she's leaving. But she knew that she would be heartbroken to see his face.

******

Kilya was not alone when she brought her luggage in the airport. Surprisingly many young Krosians gathered there, even from cities other than Banbara. Kilya waited in the airport with Hagai and Terein, and now it's time to board the plane. Nagal's not coming. She was sad but she would join the Krosian group where all of the people are recruits of Intergalactic Scouts Programme.

She gave her last good by to her parents as she walked outside the airport building and headed to the airstrip. The airstrip was full of dust and there were various type of spaceships there. But there's one huge spaceship that could contain around 1000 people. It didn't have any weapons attached on the ship, so it didn't have capability to combat other ships on the space. However, that ship was surrounded with other four Earthian spaceships that will protect if there's any danger coming.