chapter seven: time flies

Stan's POV

I wake up to the sound of my alarm, I feel a wave of dread wash over me. I know that another day of school is awaiting me, along with the familiar feelings of loneliness and sadness. I drag myself out of bed, my head throbbing from the alcohol I consumed last night. It's become a routine for me to drown my sorrows in alcohol, hoping it would numb the pain and loneliness I feel. But every time, I wake up feeling worse than before.

I stumble to the bathroom, my stomach churning from all the alcohol I had consumed. I retch and throw up, feeling absolutely miserable. I hate this feeling, I hate how my depression controls me and makes me do things I know are not good for me. But it's like a vicious cycle that I can't seem to break out of.

It's been almost a year since I left Wendy, the love of my life. I still remember the day I broke up with her, it was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I thought it was for the best, that it would somehow make things better for both of us. But I was wrong, it only made things worse. I can still see the heartbroken look on her face, and it breaks my heart over and over again every time I see her.

I finish getting ready and head to school, dreading the moment I'll see Wendy again. I know she's hurting, and I know I'm the cause of her pain. But I couldn't bring myself to face her, to confront my own feelings and fears. I was too broken, too consumed by my own demons.

As I walk through the school hallways, I can feel the weight of loneliness and sadness weighing me down. I see Wendy from a distance, and my heart aches. I miss her so much, but I know I can't go back to her. I can't put her through my own struggles and pain. I have to deal with them on my own.

I see Kyle waiting for me by our lockers. "Hey man, rough night?" His voice brought me back to reality. I turned to face him, trying to force a smile.

"More like a rough year," I muttered.

"You know, you really need to stop drinking like this. It's not healthy," Kyle said, his frustration evident in his voice.

I rolled my eyes, not in the mood to have this conversation again. "I'm fine, Kyle. I can handle my alcohol."

"That's not what I'm talking about and you know it. You're using it as a crutch, Stan. And it's not helping you deal with your problems, it's only making them worse," Kyle argued.

I let out a bitter laugh. "Like you would know anything about my problems."

"Because you never talk to me about them!" Kyle exclaimed, throwing his hands up in exasperation. "I'm your best friend, Stan. I'm here for you. But you never let me in."

I felt a pang of guilt hit me. He was right, I never opened up to him about my struggles. But it was easier to drown my sorrows in alcohol than to face them head on.

"Look, I'll cut back on the drinking, okay? Happy now?" I said, trying to change the subject.

Kyle just shook his head, clearly not satisfied with my answer. We finished up getting our books for our first class and made our way to the classroom. Throughout the day, Kyle continued to bring up my drinking and how it was affecting me. I knew he was just looking out for me, but I couldn't bring myself to fully listen to him. Also, I try my best to avoid Wendy. I can't bear to see the pain in her eyes, it's like a constant reminder of my own failures. I wish I could turn back time and make things right, but I know that's not possible. I can only hope that one day she'll forgive me and that I'll find the strength to forgive myself.

As the final bell rings, I make my way home, feeling drained and exhausted. I know I have to face my demons and get help for my depression. It's not easy, but I know it's necessary. I can't keep living like this, drowning my sorrows in alcohol and pushing away the people I love.

As I lay in bed that night, I can't help but think about Wendy and all the happy memories we shared. I know I have a long road ahead of me, but I'm determined to get better and be the person she deserves. I close my eyes, hoping that tomorrow will be a better day, and that I'll find the courage to seek help and face my fears.