8

*Trigger Warning: Explicit Language used*

~~~

"Again!" Kessa struck me with her sword, a clean clank against my own as I only managed to block her advance from striking my hip.

Adrian had us on a gruelling training assault since dawn. If I had my Dragom, I would have done the easy option, fly off before dawn, which was exactly what Nikos had done, or does. Sky and Maddox were training with staffs beside us, a perfect combination of twirls as they danced around one another. Maddox swift but brutal, like the air he commands. And Sky blunt and unpredictable, like the fire he obeys.

Adrian was stood over me and Kessa, watching us strike, time and time again with the swords. Kessa's had already been mended to her since she had arrived, she was a grace with the weapon. I did not have the option of using my twins, but the sword was a welcome change. Adrian said we had to master every weapon, and that only one chose you. From what I could register, swords chose the others, except Nikos, he was equipped with the bow, and I was equipped with my blades.

"Boys! Enough. Command your elements!" At Adrian's words, my attention dwindled to watch as Sky summoned the flames to his fingertips. Behind the house, I could hear the grumbling rumble of Astra's growl as her Rider summoned their flames.

"Focus Sith!" Adrian calls up ahead as Kessa lands a blow on the side of my head. The hilt slammed against my temple.

"Ow." I grit my teeth before twirling and swinging back. I advance twice before Kessa takes a swipe at my feet. I jump back and twirl in the air, gracefully landing a few feet away.

"Show off!" Kessa snaps, pure adrenaline coursing through her as her sword extends into the air and strikes my own.

A large course of wind throws us both off course. We barely have time to hold our footing before we are swept off our feet and thrown into the air. Our swords fly in the opposite direction, landing dangerously close to Adrian's pissed form. "Maddox!" He bowls, his face spurting red as he turns to the two boys playing with air and fire.

Maddox lets out a loud cackle before turning back to face Sky's flames. Sky throws a large ball of fire towards him, but Maddox easily manoeuvres with a slash of his wind, extinguishing the flames before they could reach him.

I could barely look away, in complete awe of the elements they're playing with. Kessa groans as we both lean forward; the wind had clearly been knocked out us.

"Kick his ass Sky!" I blurt.

Sky glances at me for a mere moment before a look of understanding averts through his red pierced eyes. I turn to Kessa, a smirk pulling my lips. I barely noticed Roan's incoming figure as he lands a few feet away, Nikos' figure appearing behind Roan's neck.

"Together?" I consider, squeezing my hands over my twin blades, unsheathing them and handing one to her.

She chuckles, snatching the blade from my hand. "Hell yeah!"

"No! Girls!" Adrian commands, stepping forward to stop us but we were already running past him and straight for Maddox.

Kessa outran me easily, she had already reached Maddox when Sky threw another ball of flame his way. Maddox stepped out of the way of the flames and noticed us advancing.

Somehow, he used the air to wrap around the forgotten staff laid across the ground and flew it towards him. He catches it easily and blocks Kessa's knife. With his other hand, a spurt of air flew from his palm to ensemble a wall, blocking Sky's fire and pushing him back with pure will.