Chapter Twenty Five

Percy had lived in Grimmauld Place for a month. Everything was going smoothly, and Enid couldn't be more grateful. Sirius hadn't been home often, but Enid knew where he was. He seemed to always be with Missouri, but at least he was happy. That was really all that mattered in the end.

On Enid's day off, Percy had to work. He had something important to do at the Ministry. He didn't often get days off like Enid did, but they did work at completely different places. He worked at the Ministry and Enid worked at a joke shop. Those two jobs were completely different.

"Hey, Pup," Sirius greeted as he entered the kitchen where Enid was making breakfast,"I need to talk to you about something."

"Sure," She answered,"Want some breakfast?" She asked, and Sirius nodded.

For breakfast, Enid made pancakes, bacon, diced fruit, and muffins. She made herself and Sirius some tea, and the kids were given juice. As soon as breakfast was ready, she placed the food on the table, and fixed her children's plates. Once the children's plates were fixed, she quickly fixed her own.

"What did you need to talk about?" Enid asked, as she took a bite of fruit.

"I think I'm going to move in with Missouri." He commented, and she smiled.

"She's moving in here?" Enid asked, but Sirius shook his head,"You're moving in there?"

"I mentioned to her that she could move in here with us, but she thought it'd be better if I moved in there," He shrugged,"She said that you and Percy deserve to have a family home, and not have your adoptive dad and his girlfriend living with you forever." He said, and Enid chuckled.

"I guess she makes a good point," Enid replied,"but you two will always have a room here."

"I know, Pup," He smiled at her,"and who knows, you might find a better home soon. I'm just saying, you don't want to live in this ghost-ridden place forever." He commented, causing her to shrug.

"I don't know," She glanced around,"I think if I do a little more remodeling and such, I can make this house a home."

"Even with my mother's belligerent portrait?" He asked, and she nodded.

"I can put a permanent silencing charm on the portrait. I think it'll work pretty well once I do that." She answered, causing him to laugh.

"So, you're making this place your family home?" He asked, causing her to smile.

"Don't worry, Pops, I'll take care of the house and all of Regulus's things." She replied, and he smiled slightly.

Even if he didn't want to be too honest, he would always care for his little brother. Regulus did mean something to him, even if he swore that he hated his family. Enid doubted Sirius could ever truly hate Regulus, though Regulus had believed their parents for years, he was still his little brother. Besides, Regulus had proved himself to be a good guy in the end; dying for what he believed was right, and not what his parents and the Dark Lord were trying to force him to believe.

"When are you moving?" Enid asked, as she began to pick up the kids dishes.

She used a wet cloth to clean the kids' faces and hands, before she let them run to the living room to play with their toys and watch cartoons. Once the kids were clean, she began to wash dishes the muggle way.

"I'm going to wait until the end of the week," He replied,"I wanted to have time to pack my things and say goodbye."

"Are you still going to watch the kids, or..." She trailed off, looking over at her adoptive father.

"I will still watch the kids," He answered,"I'll come get them every morning before you go to work. Missouri bought some toys and food for them, so you won't need to bring anything over."

"You know we're going to miss having you here," She commented,"it'll be weird not having you here all the time. Not that I'm trying to make you stay, but it'll still be weird."

"I know, and it'll be weird for me not living here with you guys," He replied,"but I'm going to visit a lot. It'll be like I never left."

Enid simply laughed at her adoptive sad and shook her head at him. She wanted him to go out and enjoy his life now that he was free and the war was over. She wanted him to feel free, but she was going to miss having him around. Honestly, having him around helped her not feel so alone after the death of her father. She was going to have Percy with her from now on though, so she didn't need to feel alone, but it would still be different.

"You promise you won't leave me forever?" Enid questioned, yer voice full of worry and sadness.

"Enid," Sirius stood up and pulled her into a hug,"You're my pup, and I love you. I will never leave you forever. You and the kids mean everything to me. Even if I lost the ability to walk, I'd still be here all the time. I'll always be here for you and for your kids. I love you, my little pup, and I always will." He said, as he kissed the top of her head.

She really was scared she'd lose him, but he promised he'd always be there, and that's all she needed to hear. If he said he'd always be there, than she was going to believe him. He'd never lie to her, because he was the only parent she had left, and he knew just how much it scared her with the thought of losing him...