CHAPTER 1: MEETING EACH OTHER

....

The moment I heard him singing, I knew I was in trouble.

Don't get me wrong, I heard everyone singing. It was lovely to watch my little brother's show next to Kismet. I was chilling and singing in the audience next to everyone else, but, one time in particular, I heard this sweet voice.

I really didn't know why, but it caught my attention quickly. And you may be thinking: Ok, whose voice are you talking about?

The funny thing is; I didn't know either.

Then, Branch called us over to join them. It was exciting to go back on stage, and I used the opportunity to look out for whose voice was that caught my attention.

It was a matter of fact until I heard that voice again. I turned where the voice came from and there he was, one of the Kismet guys. He had yellow glittery skin, wearing a nice denim made outfit and had cool rainbow hair. He quickly noticed I was staring, which made me feel a little embarrassed, and he moved next to me to keep singing what was left of the song.

It was nice. We laughed, danced and sang together, like if we were old friends meeting again at a party. I had no idea what it was, but I really liked his voice, even if all of us were singing in chorus, I was specifically listening to him.

...

Once everything was over, everyone met behind the stage to chat and rest with food and drinks. My brothers, Poppy and her family, Bruce's family and all the team of Kismet were having a great time together. I had a drink in hand and was just standing there, watching my brothers together again. It's been so long since I've felt this vibe with them. It was really lovely.

Everyone was on their own business and I wasn't really in the conversation so I left my drink on a table and went towards the theater curtain to take a break from the crowd. I could feel the fresh air that entered from outside together with the distant voices of the gathered trolls. I was feeling so relaxed, until one voice I wasn't expecting took me out of surprise.

"Hey." Spoke that sweet voice that I've already heard in the concert.

I turned and next to me there he was, the bright troll I performed with like half an hour ago. He had come to talk to me.

"Oh, hey." I said back.

I couldn't help but remember that he saw me staring at him, so to ease the embarrassment I tried to keep up with a normal conversation. I was actually looking forward to getting to know him a little bit.

"Floyd, right? My name is Boom." He stretched his hand to introduce himself. "I just wanted to say you gave a great performance with your brothers back there."

I shook his hand feeling a little flustrated at the compliment.

"Oh wow, thank you. You did a great job too." I smiled back at him and everything was going fine. Until I opened my mouth again. "I really LOVED your voice."

I quickly realized what I had said and looked back at Boom. He was surprised and somewhat blushing, though not as much as I was. Man, I could feel the heat on my cheeks from embarrassment, my hands and forehead started sweating and soon I started babbling.

"I mean, no. NO- Yes, I liked your voice, but love of love- not that I hated it- I mean- I really liked it- but no- I loved it- I MEAN- well, yes?- Is love a strong word?- what I'm trying to say is... Please kill me, I'm so awkward." I finally gave up placing my hands on my face so he wouldn't look at me.

All of a sudden I heard him trying to hold his laugh so I peeped between my fingers to see him.

"Come on, you can laugh." I said defeated.