one.

one.
THE GLADE

Waking up in a dark box with a massive headache wasn't what Maxine expected at all "Ouch." she said while rubbing her head to ease the pain out.

But what was more unexpected is that she wasn't alone in the box, out of nowhere a guy started coughing, "Hello?" he managed to say after a few seconds "Are you okay?" she asked with wide eyes, as the small box was going up.

"Who are you?" he asked without answering her question, "I.. ," Maxine realized she doesn't remember anything. "I don't know."

As the guy stood up she heard growling from a cage beside her, Maxine got closer and the strange animal growled loud at her.

"WHAT IS THAT?" she screamed and stumbled back her back hitting the metal of the box, "Help! help! Help me!" he screamed as the box went up.

The box reached the end and suddenly the red light turned to green and they heard a buzzing sound, the doors of the small box began to open and she sat up with her eyes closed and her hand in front of her to shield her from the rays of the sun.

"There's two of them!" she heard a boy say, "Wait, it's a girl!" another boy said, "A shucking girl!" shucking? What those that mean? Her curiosity grew more as she saw about fifty boys, all standing and laughing.

Talking like they have never seen a girl in their life.

"Go get them." Said also another boy, to a guy with a short haircut that jumped into our box and got closer to us "Day one greenies," The stranger looking straight into her eyes.

Maxine definitely saw his face before, but her loss of memory didn't help so she just shrugged that thought off. "Raise and shine.".

He grabbed us and tossed us to the ground. "Hey!" Maxine yelled as she landed on the ground.

All of the boys started laughing again, "I could use some help in the kitchen." Someone said.

"She's hot," Other boy said "Maybe she can be a Track-hoe, she could bend over and we'll watch." He snickered.

Her head began slightly spinning as Maxine got up and decided that running from those horrific boys was her only option.

along with her the dark haired boy followed her steps.

Some boys whistled and some started shouting, 'Hey we got runners!", Maxine ran as fast as she could until the boy fell and looked up.

"What the...." She did the same as the boy did and saw tall stone walls that could be at least 200 feet high were embracing the place, and a big entry to her left, "What is happening here?" she mumbled to herself.