Chapter 2, Coronation Revelation

Finally, the day that Primrose has dreaded and Niko was ecstatic for. The two monarchs had spent all morning preparing for this event. It was going to be the most important one of all. Primrose did not like the sound of attention on her or being in a room full of people. It was one of the things she hated most of all. Niko taking first place on the list of things she hated.

Only a few hours into the banquet and Primrose wanted to leave. She had just been crowned Queen of Rodelia and Niko was crowned King of Arlette. The two had dinner with their guests. Now it was time for the ball. As the ballroom began playing music, residents of the two kingdoms made their way to the dance floor and began to dance or known as waltz. The dance was very simple and plain as people glided across the room but none of them did any of the advanced steps. People of the two kingdoms danced the night away as Primrose stood to the side glaring at everyone on the floor, envious of the drunks that are all dancing together. She wished she could be like them, happy and carefree. As she glared at everyone in the room, one person caught her eye. Niko, in his most formal outfit and with a giant crown on his head, she saw him drinking out of a goblet, careful not to spill any of the red wine on him, as he watched all the people dancing. He smiled softly to himself as he sipped the wine from his goblet and leaned on a pillar, watching everyone glide across the floor peacefully. Primrose had seen him drink the alcohol and scoffed at him from across the room before walking out of his sight. A few seconds after she moved away, the music had suddenly stopped and everyone went silent as they bowed to the two monarchs, a man suddenly walked out and away from the crowd as he begins to give a speech for the two monarchs on the behalf of the kingdom's people. "His majesty, Niko Axton, King of the Arlette kingdom, and her majesty, Primrose Rainey, Queen of the Rodelia kingdom. We wish you both a long prosperous rule." Said the man before bowing. Shortly after the music begins to play again and everyone continues to dance. Primrose looked around the room confused as to wonder what the reasoning was for stopping mid dance and making a speech for the two monarchs to have a prosperous rule. Niko smiled and made his way to the Centre of the room. All of a sudden he raises his goblet into the air and yells, "long live the King of Arlette and the Queen of Rodelia!" Everyone repeated what Niko had said as he downs his goblet of wine. Primrose glared at Niko as her face was covered in blush from embarrassment, she quickly covered her face with her hand and walked to the corner of the ballroom. Shortly after Niko made his announcement many people walked up to him to congratulate him and shake his hand. As many women walk up to him, it appears that they seem attracted to his powerful and dashing persona.

While Niko was visiting with guests, a server made her way to Primrose and held a drink to her in a calm and questioning manner. "I'd rather not, I appreciate the offer though." Primrose had said, trying to sound as gentle as possible, knowing her reputation of being quiet and to herself, if not quiet then she is known to be rude to others. The server bows and leaves her alone. After a few minutes of silence, Niko began to walk towards Primrose. Primrose raised her eyebrow slightly in confusion and annoyance as she glared at him heading her way. He had stopped a couple of feet in front of her and asked, "So you're not drinking tonight?" To which she replied while pinching and scrunching her nose. "No, ugh, you reek of alcohol." Niko looked at Primrose as he took a sip of his wine. "Well, what can I say. A man just became king, a little bit of heavy drinking is kind of what's expected, and besides, they have all these lovely women trying to feed me drink after drink." Primrose glared at him as she began to walk away, " no, I'll pass, enjoy getting drunk, Axton. My body is a temple, so I will treat it as one, and not let you taint it whatsoever." She mumbled to herself as she took her exit. Niko sighed and watched her walk away before beginning to speak again. "You know, you're such a prude. You need to go out and live a little. You can't just sit in the corner and drink tea all the time." Primrose heard him trying to scold her, she rolled her eyes in response as she continued to walk away. Niko quickly grabbed her arm, stopping her from walking any further. "You know, it's because you're so uptight all the time with things like drinking that people think you're cold and unapproachable. Maybe just loosen up a little?" He said looking at her with sympathy. "Loosen up? How about no, I'd rather not get drunk and end up like some discombobulated, ignorant, little weasel who reeks of alcohol, but continues drinking anyways, knowing that they're going to regret it in the morning when they have a huge ass hangover. Now get away from me, you reek of alcohol." Primrose had said as she pulled her arm out of his grasp and glared at him.