𝘪.

i, guts!

i, guts!

mentions of drug abuse & self mutilation

June 17, 1984

She's late. Ivy's late. So fucking late.
It's pouring, pouring hard. She's soaked.
Rocky's going to kill her, like actually kill her.
She needs to run, She is running, running as fast as she can. Panting, gasping for the air around her to fill her tar covered lungs.

The makeup she had slapped on is melting into her eyes. Stinging. She doesn't try to wipe it out of her vision. She can't stop running.

Twenty minutes. What could've been a five minute walk takes her twenty. It's not her fault though. Or at least Ivy doesn't think so. The bartender offered her a drink, who was she to deny it.

But one became two and two became six (she isn't quite sure how many six turned into). But she's finally where she needs to be.
The Whiskey.

She isn't ready to go in. Not yet. She's scared. Terrified. She wants Rocky to know how serious she really is about this. About her career. She needs to get inside already.
Ivy shifts in place and looks down to the watch sitting on her ankle. 6:35. She only has 25 minutes to change, dry her hair, and take whatever Rocky decides to throw at her (literally).

She stalls. She roams the dark, sticky halls to the green room with her name plastered on the door. She can hear Rocky's scream from across the hall.
God Ivy just get in there. Face him like a fucking (wo)man!

She finally gains the courage to step into the room with her name pasted on the door. She made a mistake, she shouldn't be here. Not right now. She should've waited.

The second she pries the door open all heads turn to her in a blur. Before she's able to even process what happens next Rocky's hand is gripping her face. She can't move. She feels hot. Before she's able to speak, she hears a voice behind her father speak up.