23

Adam's POV: (wrote something a little different. warning for semi lime?)

Y/n and I sat down at the restaurant at a private table near the back. It was nowhere near as fancy compared to where we all went for team dinner, but it still had a romantic atmosphere.

"Do you have any summer plans?" I ask.

Y/n thinks for a second before replying, "I know that I'll be helping out the Girl Scouts for a couple of weeks. Probably walk some dogs. I could keep myself busy if I need to," She shrugs.

"That sounds like fun," I say.

"What about you?" She asks with a sweet smile.

I get slightly embarrassed, "Um. My family and I...usually go to a lake house." I always hate bringing up what my family does because it often reveals how wealthy we are. Which is really annoying.

Y/n's eyes light up, "That's exciting. I love going to lakes. You don't sound so thrilled?" She laughs slightly.

I shrug, "It's nothing fancy. I mean, we go every summer. Sometimes it gets repetitive."

"I get that."

I watch as her gaze drifts, "Are you thinking about how you move a lot?"

She sighs.

"Sorry. Should I have said that?" My face gets slightly hot.

Y/n gives a small smile, "It's ok. I was. Moving around all the time also feels repetitive. It's just...overwhelming. I just wish I could stay in one place."

"Well, college is only a couple of years away. Technically you wouldn't have to follow your mom if she does need to move," I suggest.

"That's true."

"Is there a specific college you would want to go to?" I ask.

"I don't know about colleges but...California probably has been the best place I've lived in. I would love to go back," Y/n smiles, but I can see the sadness in her eyes as she thinks back to where she last lived.

We've talked about her living in San Fernando and every time she thinks about it or tells me stories she always gets this excited glint in her eyes that doesn't appear when she talks about anywhere else. I know that she loved living there and it holds the happiest memories for her, but I still feel guilty for getting a little hurt by the fact that she doesn't see Michigan that way.

I decide to not let her dwell on it, "Shall we head out?"

Y/n nods.

Once we pay, we leave and start heading back to Y/n's house.

"Are you sure you can stay out longer?" Y/n asks.

"You're welcome to take me home if you want me to."

Y/n shakes her head, "No it's ok. I've been having a great time. I just don't want you to get in trouble with your mom."

"I'll be ok. Besides, I'm enjoying tonight too much. I wouldn't want it to end so early," I place my hand on her thigh.

Y/n looks down quickly before putting her eyes back on the road.

I remove my hand, my face burning, "Sorry. I-"

Y/n's giggles cut me off, "Adam. You get nervous too easily. That was probably the boldest you've been with me, besides you asking to kiss me."

I don't know how to respond. I've never been the confident type and I feel like I need to do everything perfectly with Y/n. She's been my most serious relationship and I don't want to mess it up. I really like her and I'm scared that if I do something wrong, or something she doesn't like, it will end it all.