right where you left me

*This one was written on a gloomy afternoon.
I took the title from a Taylor Swift song. It was about a girl who got breakup in a restaurant, and she stayed there forever living in her delusion. My most favorite song of her. And when I saw Way, both in novel and in the series, I find this song is for him.*

Babe has a strange dream. He's on his favorite black car, driving on a dark road. It's so dark that the only thing he can see is the narrow way lightened by the headlight, and another black car running ahead. His hands place on the steering wheel, but he's not actually control it. The car seems to run itself as if it's hypnotised.

Babe somehow realizes whose the frontal car is.

They both stops after arriving at a small restaurant as he guessed. Babe gets off the car, while the tall slim guy in the frontal car also gets off. He raises a voice since that one just doesn't turn back.

"Finally, you come to see me. Do you mind turning around?"

"I thought we said never see each other again."

But he's still turn himself back.

"Babe."

The tall thin silhouette uses that name to break a long silence between them. Yes, he's Way. The one who just passed away when a bullet dyes his shirt red. In front of his friend. Spared no time for anybody to say any more words to him.

And Babe had a thousand words to say to him, but right now, he finds his brain and mouth paralyzed .

"Just say you hate me Babe. As you should do."
"..."
"Say you're not sad at all seeing me dead."
"..."
"Say now that I died, you're happier than ever."
"..."

Way said with his familiar gentle smile. Babe realized he couldn't answer because he's sobbing so hard. But it's a dream, so tear just couldn't burst out of his eyes, so does the pain. It's scratching in his chest which is even worse.

"I am sorry Babe."

"DON'T!
You said enough!
I've been holding enough..."

Way's calm smile faded away as Babe said that. It turned into a grief expression instead, the one maybe Babe only saw once all his life. It's the expression on Way's face when they have their last fight, begging Babe to forgive him.

"I'm not happy when you die. I don't accept you just pass away like that, Way. I don't want to not see you for forever. I don't even want to lose a friend like you, a very very bad friend like you.

I bet I even miss you."

"..."

"Why don't you give me some advice as you always did, Way?"

"You don't need me Babe. You're strong enough on your own. And even if you need someone to caught you as you fall, it couldn't be me.
Life goes on. You lose nothing but a bad friend, I lose nothing but a foul life.
Just move on, Babe."

Babe finds it's such a cruel thing to say.

"Really? After everything I said to you?"
"..."
"When will you stop living in your own delusion, Way? You knew me so well."

"So what should I say then?"

"Say you want to see me in another life, be my friend again, and treat me better to pay off everything you've done to me."

"I see."

"Soon I'll stop thinking about you. But I'll never forget you."

"Goodbye, Babe".

"Goodbye."

And they left the restaurant without any meals, toward two different ways.

There's something that is insisted to end.

Again, it was a dream.