You're All I Need

You were his everything.

For 5 years straight he lived in a deluded fantasy that you would be by his side forever. The sweet girl he met on campus at Jujutsu Tech as first years would always be his, but he was naive. Now, you're just a memory. A memory he wishes he could get back and hold even if it were just for a moment.

He remembers everything about you. From the way you laughed to the amount of freckles littering your body which he would spend hours kissing every night before bed without fail. He remembers how his heart thumped when he first saw you, the way his name so effortlessly rolled off your tongue when you asked if you could sit next to him on the bus ride home from school. He spent hours replaying that moment in his head. He wishes he could've recorded that conversation. He would listen to it every second of the day. Hearing your voice and seeing the way your eyes glittered when he smiled at you and scooted over to give you space to sit down. He would never forget it.

From that point on, you were all he could think about, all he talked about. Shoko and Suguru were almost sick of hearing about it, but they would never tell him. They had never seen their friend so happy. He followed you around like a puppy for 7 months, not that you minded. Everyday, he would try to work up the courage to ask you out, ask you to be his, but listening to the sound of your laughter and the way you looked at him with such care was enough for the words to die out in the back of his throat as he shamelessly admired you with every ounce of his being.

But during those 7 months, you two were bonded by the hip, inseparable. Despite being oblivious to each others feelings, there wasn't a single person who couldn't tell you were in love. The way Satoru looked at you as you rambled about your favorite things caused you to blush and your heart to swell. You had never been doted on like this, but Satoru never forgot to remind you every single day how much you meant to him-before and during your relationship.

Typically, Satoru was perceived as a big ball of energy by other people. Loud, extroverted, talkative, always teasing others, but with you he was different. He was comfortable enough to sit in silence by your side, laying his head on your shoulder while you hummed and ran your fingers through his hair. He felt so at peace in your presence. If he had a bad day, the first thing he would do is show up in front of your dorm and you would welcome him in with open arms every time he did.

That night wasn't any different. It was about 1am, knocking was heard on your dorm door. You weren't asleep, you simply laid in bed waiting for slumber to take over, but you're glad it didn't. You untucked yourself from under the covers and walked over to the door, looking through the peephole. Of course it was Satoru. You could immediately feel your heart being to race, but you brushed it off and opened the door.

The moment he saw your face, he collapsed into your arms, almost digging his fingernails into your sides. You wouldn't press him to talk about it. You just shut the door with your foot and embraced him back, resting your cheek against his firm body, inhaling the scent of his cologne. Something was weighing on him, you could see it plastered all over him. From the way his brows slightly furrowed to his quivering lips and unsteady heartbeat as he kept you flush against him, not letting you go. He never wanted to. He wishes he hadn't.

"Do you need anything?" You ask, looking up at his face with your chin planted on his chest, arms still wrapped around him. You had both been standing in silence for a couple minutes, his hand running through your hair, feeling the smooth strands against his fingertips.

"No, just you."