0.1

"Xialing, can you bring the satays please, it's on the counter."

"Yup, coming! Natasha help me grab the napkins."

"Alexei, you'll spill the roast, dorogoy"

"No, I won't. Here."

It was the last day of the year and the dining room of the Xu-Romanoff house in Upper Eastside, New York was buzzing with lights, food and love. The table was set for nine and seven were already present in the house, busy bringing the humongous amount of food and drinks from the kitchen, after all, it was after years the family was celebrating something together. They were already into conversations and laughter which was suddenly broken by the ringing of the door.

"Shang-Chi get the door please, it must be Yelena and Pietro", Xianxue shouted from the kitchen.

"Coming!"

Shang-Chi scurried through the hallway, rushing to open the door. As the door swung open, the blonde leapt to hug her brother-in-law who hugged back.

"Oof! I can't believe Pietro made me late."

"Hey! I didn't make you late, you were taking so much time to get ready!", Pietro spoke back.

"Oh my god, Yel. I can't believe the fastest guy in the world made you late", Shang-Chi played along as she high-fived him.

"Yeah, yeah, go on. What has the world come to, where you won't get a kiss from your boyfriend", Pietro mockingly wiped a tear as he leaned forward to kiss his boyfriend.