Shooting Stars - Chapter 4.

Thank you so much for the votes and the comments so far guys! It means a lot, honestly! And just to add to all this, when I logged on yesterday, Shooting Stars, this fanfic, my first 1D fanfiction had ranked in both Teen Ficiton at 593 and Fan Fiction at 846 but when I logged on this morning they were at 353 in Teen Ficiton and 480 in Fan Fiction, that's a massive difference! I cannot thank you enough for all the support and everything! I really hope you enjoy this book, so now I'm leaving you with Chapter 4... Enjoy!!

-Megan <3

*                                      *                                      *                                      *

Shooting Stars.

Chapter 4 ~

"Bye Nate" I cried, clinging onto him for dear life as his parents waited patiently with Harry.

"Bye sweet" he choked, I could tell he was close to crying,

"Never forget me" I told my best friend, burying my head into his white t-shirt, hiding away from everything, everyone, the outside world.

"Believe me baby, I could never forget about you" Nate sighed,

"Besides, we've always got Skype, twitter and facebook right?" He added, I nodded slightly as his he rested his head on my shoulder. Nate was only a bit taller than me but he was still tall. I was going to miss the days at college with him, sneaking off, running down corridors to get away from the witch. The days we used to chase each other down the streets, laughing our heads off after playing knock down ginger on the houses of our classmates. The days we would run round the fields in the pouring rain, laughing and rolling around in the mud, knowing that tomorrow we'll both be at home complaining of stupid colds.

"I'll miss you" he whispered,

"I'll miss you too" I whispered back, still clinging on to him like there was no tomorrow.

"Flight 35T to Rhode Island, the plane is now boarding. This is the last call" a woman's voice rung through the speakers flooding this part of the airport.

"This is me" Nate said quietly, taking a quick glance at me as he let me go. I looked up at him, my eyes clouding with tears yet again.

Watching Nate leave was another of the hardest things I've had to overcome these past few weeks, it sounds bad but Mum's death hasn't hit me yet, like I know she's gone but I've kept strong, I haven't showed any sadness towards it except for the funeral day. I turned to Harry who smiled softly at me. Harry and I had always been close; the contact became irregular shortly after we moved to the states when I was about 14, the year before Ellie was born.

"Come on, the boys and I are taking you out for lunch" Harry smiled, turning around and walking away.

"What about Ellie?" I shouted, running after him, only for him to sigh and look at me.

"You're twenty, you're still young. You're living life while you can" Harry said, shaking me slightly.

"But I need to be the motherly figure to Ellie"

"I know but you're twenty for gods sake, you should be more like Louis, carefree and stuff" he huffed, walking away.

"I have responsibilities now Harry, I need to grow up and do what mum would have wanted" I choked, glaring at Harry.

"No Talia. That's what you think your mum wanted. What she actually wanted is for you to live life and still be that figure to Ellie. She wanted you to have fun. Ok" Harry said looking at me, his green orbs sparkling under the artificial lighting.