⏤chapter 2

History class was Takeo's second favorite one, after biology of course. He was leaning on his elbows as he listened to the history teacher.

"Ele-elves didn't live here on Ele-isle since the beginning, we lived in Japan for centuries, before we were discovered by Europeans, who wanted to capture, sell, and enslave us. The Japanese didn't want that to happen. They wanted to protect our valuable species. So, they made a deal with The Four Elemental Gods. Does anyone remember their names and what they're the god or goddess of?"

Kenshin raised his hand. The teacher looked at him and gave him a signal to speak.

"Mizu; goddess of water and kindness, Hi; god of fire and courage, Kaze; goddess of wind and loyalty, and Shizen; god of nature and strength." Kenshin explained. The teacher nodded in approval.

"Correct. As I was saying, a deal was made between them and the Japanese... " Takeo eventually stopped listening. His gaze moved from the teacher to Hikaru. He placed his chin on the palm of his hand and zoned out as he stared at the beautiful boy in front of him.

He snapped back to reality as the bell rang. He packed his stuff and so did the rest of the class. He then left the classroom, following Hikaru, Kenshin, Kaoru and Anya.

"How do you remember all that? I can only remember the names of the gods.." whined Hikaru as he looked at Kenshin who just shrugged.

"Have you guys ever thought about what would happen if we were discovered again...?" Takeo asked. This was a genuine concern of his and he wondered what the others thought about that.

"Actually no.." answered Kaoru and Anya nodded in agreement. "But thanks Takeo! Now I won't be able to sleep' Kaoru joked. Takeo and the rest laughed along with her.

After their laughter died out, Hikaru frowned. "Sorry to ruin the fun, but we have PE next"
Everyone sighed as they walked to the lockers. When they got to their lockers and began taking what they needed.

A thought crossed Takeo's mind: "Hold on... am I gonna see Hikaru shirtless?!" he blushed.

They close their lockers and head to the changing rooms.

"Dang Takeo who got you blushing?" Kaoru laughed, in a joking manner of course.

"Oh.." he stutters "I'm just a little sick" he jokes back and brushes it off with a fake cough. Hikaru glances at him and smiles.

They enter the changing rooms, Hikaru and Takeo into the males' and Anya and Kaoru into the females',  and Kenshin... Kenshin vanished to the bathroom, returning to the males' changing room fully dressed for PE. Hikaru didn't even try to change. When the teacher called them, he told Hikaru to change. Hikaru protested and the teacher ended up letting him be.

The class began and they started doing laps around the gym hall. Then they were told to pick teams for some relay games.

During those games, Hikaru accidentally bumped into a bully in their class named Iwao. Iwao turned around and looked down at him with a grin. Hikaru quickly apologized but...

"Watch it, lab rat!"

He gasped slightly at Iwao's words, then ran back into the changing rooms.

Takeo saw it all.

________________________________________

543 words.
aaahhh sorry chapter 2's shorter than chapter 1! it looked longer in my notebook ;-;