Stigmata Martyr

Warning: Some gore, blood, horror

You sat in your room alone that night, stewing in your own misery. Jonathan had forgiven you, but you still felt terrible for saying what was expected of you by polite society about the topic of homosexuality. And Robert- he haunted your dreams like a spectre, grim and ghoulish. Even as the clock ticked later on into the night,you could still hear Lord and Lady Joestar walking around the house. Did they never sleep? What on earth could they be up to at this hour? The clock struck midnight, and you heard Robert give a strangled yell of jubilation. And then, to your abject disgust, you could hear him shambling upstairs. You lay very still in your bed as Robert passed your door, but you were seized by a sudden curiosity as he headed along the hallways. Where was he going? The spirit of adventure within you, you got out of bed and pulled on your slippers. You quietly crept after him, when you saw him pull open a door and walk in. It slammed shut behind him, but you snuck up to the keyhole and peered through. What you saw was absolutely shocking!

It became very clear upon looking through the keyhole that Robert was the reason that Edwina had disappeared. In fact, Edwina had never existed. Her dress and stockings hung in his wardrobe, as did Speedwagon's cloak and top hat. They had all been the same person! But why? What was there to gain by having only one servant dressing up as different roles?
Unless Jonathan doesn't want anyone in the house who's not mindlessly devoted to him. A dark part of you thought. Robert was currently pulling off his clothes, stripping to just his tight black trousers, boots and suspenders. You averted your eyes as he stripped, noting that his pale skin was covered with scars, alongside hair on his chest and forearms that was the same blonde as the stuff on his head. There was a trail of blonde hairs leading from his navel to underneath the waistband of his trousers, like a pathway of sorts. Robert pulled the bandages off his neck and wrist, and you almost gasped at what you saw beneath them. Scars! And not just any scars- bite marks. Robert's neck and wrists were a hideous patchwork of bite marks, scars and foul, ragged scar tissue. The bites went from practically his jawline to his clavicle, and the bandages were stained with so much of the congealed red stuff.

"Time to look alive for Master. Dead beautiful, ha!" Robert muttered as he combed his hair, and washed his face in the basin. His room was sparse, just a bed, wardrobe and washbasin, and yet every surface of the walls were covered with words. You soon realised what that scratching noise you'd heard earlier was- Robert had been scratching "JOJO" into the walls, presumably with his fingernails- until they'd fallen off. The words were written over the scratches in black ink, and you caught yourself from screaming out loud. He was insane! Robert was a bloody madman! But who had been biting his neck? Robert turned swiftly on his heels, and you realised he was going to leave the room! Quickly, you scrambled and hid behind a heavy curtain as the door opened, and he shambled out. Robert headed to the doorway leading to the servant's staircase, opened it, and clomped down. After just a moment's pause, so he wouldn't notice you tailing him, you did the same. You absolutely had to know what was going on!

Crouching on the bottom step, you peered through the keyhole to the kitchen door. The kitchen was huge, with whitewashed walls and a flagstone floor. It was easily capable of feeding 50 people, but it looked abandoned. A fine layer of dust coated everything, and bar a few plates and pieces of cutlery- the ones you ate from- everything looked disused, only there to keep up appearances. There was an odd sickly smell in the room too, something you couldn't quite put your finger on. Robert opened a cupboard, and put a steel serving tray onto the scrubbed wooden table. He dug around in a drawer, and you shuddered as you saw the sharp items inside of it. He put a sharp awl onto the tray and a snowy white cloth, before opening another cabinet. From this cabinet he took two crystal goblets. Both goblets seemed to be carved from crystal so dark it seemed to be black, only appearing as deep blue when the flickering gaslight hit it. They appeared to have skulls carved into them, and the rims were decorated with tiny diamonds.
"Serve the master, serve the mistress, receive the power of death's dark kisses." Robert muttered again and again. He picked up the tray, and shambles through the doorway leading to the hallway, not knowing that you stalked after him the way a leopard stalks a gazelle.