Murasakibara Atsushi x Reader : Teddy Bear

Atsushi wasn't the greatest guy to be called as "boyfriend" for all you care. But you cared for him and stuck through. It's been 4 years since you two started dating. 

You were working 2 part time jobs in order to pay the bills in the apartment you both were living in. Atsushi was working at a bakery a couple miles away from the University you both attended. You were lucky to have him by your side these 4 years.

You just finished you last job of the night, picking up dinner at the same time. You listed some groceries that you were gonna buy the next night. 

You reached the flat and opened the door. You could hear Atsushi snoring inside, probably exhausted from his shift. You placed your bags in the kitchen and went to shower. Once you stepped inside, all of your worries suddenly washed out of your head. 

The warm water made you forget about all the struggles, all of the hardship. What you could remember was that you were blessed with such an amazing boyfriend and you're alive...

Suddenly, a loud groan could be heard. You quickly finished and stepped out. You changed and wrapped a towel around your neck to keep the water away from your clothes. 

As you split the portions, Atsushi was having his turn in the shower. He was grumbling loudly about work and about the people. You just laughed gently. 

He stepped out, his wet hair in a pony tail and just adorned in flannel pj bottoms. You handed him his plate. "Here you go."

He grabbed it and sat down on the counter across from you. You leaned on the side facing him and ate your meal quietly. "How was work?" he asked. 

"Well, I got a raise at my second job," you said. You hated to say all the bad news since he wouldn't exactly pay attention anyways. "How was your's?"

"The people today were so pushy. I got yelled at during my break. IT WAS my break," he complained. He shoveled mouthfuls of food, his face scrunched up in frustration. 

"Aww~, it's okay Atsushi," you cooed. You laughed and put away the food. He frowned. 

"Not hungry?" he asked. He eyed your barely eaten plate. You were about to wrap it for tomorrow's lunch, even though you would barely have any time for it. 

"I can eat it during class," you lied. You quickly excused yourself to go do homework. 

-

-

Your classes were really a drag. You paid half the bills already and left Atsushi to deal with the remaining while you decide to save up for your groceries and for a new flat. 

You were down to your last class of the day. This class you have with Atsushi since you both needed to finish this credit before allowing space for your majors. Atsushi stared at the teacher absent mindly, his right hand holding your left hand, stroking your skin softly with his thumb. 

You were taking notes with your free hand as best as you could, knowing that Atsushi would ask for them since he hardly pays any attention to class. 

"Well that's all for today. Make sure you do the pages 13 and 16. I would like them turned in tomorrow with an essay prepared based on the article on 16. Good day," the professor said. He dismissed the class. 

You rushed and handed the notes to Atsushi. "I gotta go to my job sorry!" you quickly said. You kissed his forehead and ran out. He just watched you leave. 

-

-

Today wasn't well. You were late 5 minutes since the train had a delay. Your boss was upset and made you double your load to deliver, causing your mead a major migraine. You finished the rounds before heading to your next job. 

Good thing the last job was at a flower shop. It calmed you down and kept you sane. But today, you had a different shift partner and your boss had you do favors. You were making more deliveries and drives than usual. 

By the end of the day, you were hungry and wanted sleep. You stumbled your way into the flat. Once you opened the door, you expected Atsushi to be there, him snoring away on the couch or watching some random TV show, complaining about how hungry he was. 

No..No. He wasn't there. He wasn't around. You were welcomed by darkness and dampness. You turned on the light, to see a note pasted on the fridge. 

Dear (y/n)-chin,

Sorry I'm not home. Big cake. Eat by yourself. I'm going to be home by 3 AM. Bye

- Atsushi 

You couldn't help but to all of a sudden break down. The stress that was trapped inside released like a broken dam. Your sobs echoed. You didn't know why you were crying so hard. Or why you felt so lonely. 

You curled up right there, not bothering to move. At least Atsushi didn't have to see this. 

-

-

Atsushi called your phone many times but you didn't pick up. He wanted to make sure you were eating and you would be doing homework. But you didn't say anything. 

He rushed home and opened the door. He saw you, asleep and running a warm temperature. He put you to bed and prepared medicine. He was pretty beat himself and decided to eat some sweets. (Though you say no candy before bed.)

The next morning, he made sure that you were excused from work and class. Same for him. You groaned as you sat up in bed. "What happened last night?" you asked raspily. 

"You fainted or fell asleep before I came home. You're sick too." Atsushi quickly handed you some medicine and water. You thanked him quietly. "You're over working yourself."

"Sorry..I guess taking care of you and myself in taking toll on my body," you laughed. You brushed your hair in place. 

Atsushi frowned, his way of telling you he wasn't going to buy that. He flopped over your body, causing you to gasp in surprise. He curled up, nearly crushing you. "HEY! HEY! Let me breath please!" you begged. 

He rolled to his side and just hugged you close. "I'm not letting you over work yourself again," he mumbled. 

You kissed his wrist and smiled. "I love you."

He nodded softly before you both drifted into sleep.