confess too

C/N pov (haven't done a C/N pov in a while apologizes!)

days until summer: 22

May 9, 2022. 3:40PM

I open the door to my home, today wasn't the greatest. I just want to curl up in bed with my cat and fall asleep. My mom notices something off in my personality,

"You alright, C/N?" She asks curiously.

"I'm fine, I just have some homework I need to do." I reply softly and climb up the stairs to my room, sleeping can wait I suppose. Opening my door, my cat meows up at me and jumped onto my bed. 

Eventually when math formulas are etched into my brain, I open my emails.

"Oh." I say out loud. What I saw is following:
--

To <c/nl/n.gmail.com>

from <y/nl/n.gmail.com>

So uhm I wanted to tell you this in person but email works fine too..

I like you

--

And that was all I needed to know to start crying. Well, tearing up right now but close enough. How could I ever tell her? If one day, far away, we could live together with three cats and one dog... But, how would she be strong enough to face my parents? Plus, she's been through that horrible six months of bullying, I don't think she can take anymore stress of having a girlfriend and my parents who won't support... 

What if this was all a dare and I'm overthinking?

What if this isn't? Ugh, this is so frustrating!

I start to type back my reply.

Later my mom brings my dinner upstairs, "C/n you have to eat." She said earlier. Of course I said no, who wouldn't after a stressful day, doing math homework, and then finding out your crush likes you back?! 

Ma sets my plate on my desk beside me, it was soup and rice. Not bad for a Monday evening. "If you need some more help to work on homework, you can always ask your brother," Right, because he always knows best, he always works hardest 120%. We sat beside him as he opened university decisions, one ivy accepted him, UPenn, and his safeties wait-listed him. As of now, he's on spring break early.

"Okay, I'll ask him later then" I grumble. Ma doesn't look convinced so I put on a smile and grit it through. "I'm fine" I say with a tight voice that doesn't belong to me. She still doesn't look convinced that 'I'm fine' but she leaves anyways, on her way out the cat walks in. Once she leaves I grab Billy (mentioned in chapter "first move"). "Billy, you're so lucky that you're a cat! You don't have to worry about grades and all you need is food, shelter, water, and sunlight" He meows back. The silly goose. 

It's about 7 pm now, I guess I'll check my emails. 

I stop myself before clicking the shortcut, do I really want to do this? 

No, I'll just wait for the morning I guess.

apologizes for the very short chapter and the very long wait sdgjkhkjghdkaj i'm so sorry i keep thinking of the plot for the next other chapters and such 😭😭 i was living my best life and didn't write any rough drafts