Dad, Daddy and Papa

I knocked on the door. It was the first time I'd knocked on my dads door, like ever, I'm pretty sure. As the door opened, though, the sinking feeling in my stomach didn't intensify as I had anticipated but instead it didn't. It just melted away.

"Ah! Nicholas! Welcome!" He said inviting us all in, shaking Daniel's hand. It was almost nice.

We obviously introduce Noah to his grandfather, or as he wanted to be called grand-père, which I wasn't too fussed about. He hadn't yet met Noah, so Haylee and Daniel were extremely nice and left the house for a bit after dropping off their bags. I ensured them they did not have to but insisted they wanted to see the sights and give us some space. I think they wanted some space too, to be honest. It had been a long day together.

"He's a beautiful little baby, boys!" My dad said as he sat watching him play with his blocks on the floor.

"Yeah, he is," I say and Noah whips his head around to me, starting to crawl over to my feet and making grabby hands at me, a plea for me to pick him up.

"Papa, uppies!" He babbles and I lift him onto my lap. My dad looks over at me with a very surprised look on his face, "...what?" I laugh, confused.

"He calls you papa? I just didn't expect it," he laughs, still randomly astonished.

"Yeah sometimes, we used a mix to be honest," then Noah's fidgeting around on my lap so I put him down to go play again.

"That's good, are you teaching him a lot of French then?" He asked

"A little bit I guess, he'll probably learn a bit whilst we are here and I want Nick to teach him some," Charlie smiles at me and I know what he's getting at. I know he wants me to teach Noah more French and dad seems to have a good reaction to that.

Then the door clicks and we hear small laughs from the distance.

"Hey we're back!" Haylee yells and Charlie gets up to go and see them, but they quickly all return.

"Did you guys have fun?" I ask, "where abouts did you go?"

"We just walked around the town for a bit, it's so beautiful here! Mr Nelson, you're so lucky to live here!" Daniel says.

"Yeah, and thank you so much for letting us stay here!" Haylee says also, almost finishing what Daniel was saying. We all just sort of sat there in a comfortable silence watching Noah playing.

"We should get all of your rooms set up!" My dad says showing us to the rooms, ours downstairs because it's the bigger one so we could fit in the cot for Noah, theirs upstairs.

We all go to our rooms and unpack all of our clothes, set up a Noah's travel cot. It's a lovely room with a beautiful view of the city, a tv that we can watch in bed (which was a queen size) and a walk in wardrobe. Charlie also set up all of Noah's bottles and sterilizers in the kitchen. To be honest, I don't know how we managed to get all of this on the plane.

After a while of unpacking, Noah is asleep in on the bed and I feel like doing the same. I sit beside him and softly run my hand over his hair, taking my phone out to take a photo because it's adorable.

Charlie ❤️

Me: come back in here, I miss youuuuu

Charlie: you're very tired aren't you

Me: yeah and so is Noah