Chapter 7 kotatsu troubles

At the hori house hold
Izumi sighed as he stared at his notes. Sota layed under the kotatsu reading a comic. Star sat on the opposite side of izumi writing stuff in her note book.

"I need to score better outside of classic lit... I can't get a medical excuse for this quiz." Izumi said, making Star look at him with her eyebrow raised.

"No on gets a medical excuse for a quiz. Not even me when I was not going to school all the time."

"Oh, studying around the kotatsu, are we?" Kyosuke asked as he walked into the living room holding his hand on his shoulder.

"We have exams coming up." Izumi said as Kyosuke got closer to them.

"Nice! How about i join you-"

"Go away." Star said not taking her eyes off her note book as she wrote stuff down. Usually Star is all for kyosuke to hang out with her but when Izumi's over she rather be alone cause he starts getting too clingy for her liking.

"We don't have a place for you, dad." Star raised her hand toward kyosuke.

"Huh?" He asked as he sat down in the empty spot.

"Just Sota, me, Izumi, and Kyoko."

"Hey... you're starting to treat me like your sister by the day. I might just cry." Kyosuke said.

After a bit of studying, each of them slowly fell asleep under the kotatsu. Izumi woke up first seeing that the tv was left on. He picked up the remote and turned off the tv.

"Bathroom..." Izumi mumbled to himself. He tried getting up but his lower half wasn't moving then his arm slipped causing him to slam his forehead against the ground. He slowly got up and looked at the kotatsu wondering why he couldn't move. Star groaned, feeling something tug on her legs.

"Ow..." Star slowly rose up. "What are you doing? What time is it?" Star asked as she sat up fully which caused her legs to tense around izumi's legs making him scream.

"Star-chan, wait, wait, wait! Don't get up! Lie back down!" Izumi pleaded in pain, making Star lift her side of the kotatsu up to see what was happening.
"Huh?"
"Yeowch! My leg! My leg! My leg! My leg! My leg!" Izumi shouted as he continued to feel pain.

"You're leg?" Star asked, looking at all their legs cramped and tangled under the kotatsu.

"I mean, someone's leg is locking up my knee and I can't get up!" Izumi explained in pain as Star layed back down on her pillow

"It's not mine." Star said.
*it's hers

"Aw, man... I just want to go to the bathroom." Izumi whined.

"Just do it there." Star suggested.

"Don't be unreasonable!" Izumi continued to whine now, waking kyosuke.