15

Nyx's pov- Monday morning

Weeks have passed since we decided to stop our investigations and pretend like we didn't know anything. Sure, it was exhausting and very difficult, but we made do.

Adonis and I barely spoke to each other save for a few greetings and friendly banter here and there.

I awoke at my usual time this morning and got ready for classes.

It was a normal day, just like any other, but something wasn't feeling right.

My stomach was in knots as I got dressed.

I shook off the feeling, passing it as a simple stomachache and headed to class.

As I entered the class, Adonis and I exchanged a simple greeting, much to Veronica's dismay, and I headed to my seat.

"Hey baby bird." I greeted Jamie as I put my bag on the chair back.

"Hey big bird." he smiled. "How was your sleep?" he patted my hair that was in two cornrows.

I slapped his hand away lightly, not wanting him to mess up my hair.

"It was fine, but I woke up uneasy this morning." I ranted as I began to pull out my books needed for class, telling him about my nausea and tummy ache.

He propped a hand under his chin as he listened intently. "Maybe your period is coming?" he suggested as a plausible cause.

I bit my lip in thought. "Could be."

"Gooood morning class." Mr. Orman entered the class in his usual bubbly manner, speaking with undeniable enthusiasm.

"Today we're going to be learning about..."

>>>

I sluggishly walked out the classroom alongside Jamie.

"Ugh, class was so tiring today." I groaned and fixed my bag strap that slipped down my shoulder slightly.

Jamie, being his usual quiet self simply hummed as he continued walking, keeping his eyes forward.

"Hey," I held his shoulder to stop him from walking. "I have to run to the bathroom really quick. Go ahead and meet up the others."

"Okay big bird. Take as long a shit you need."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes playfully. "I'm not going to shit, you ass."

He chuckled and put his hands in his pockets. "Want me to carry your bag for you?"

"No, its fine. Go on ahead."

He nodded and left to the lobby while I also headed to the bathroom.

I entered the bathroom and headed to the stall I usually use.

I sat on the toilet and saw that I have infact, gotten my period.

Groaning I pulled out a pad from my bag and attached it.

Making sure it was snug and fit, I adjusted my uniform and left the stall.

As soon as I stepped out, my foot landed into a pile of water.

I groaned and looked to the floor.

Where did that spill come from.

As I looked to my foot, I saw that it wasn't water I stepped into but rather a thick red liquid.

Blood.

My eyes trailed the spill which led to another student laying on the floor, her bloody mouth sewn together along with her eyes.