𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

It was a short-lived nightfall as Cassie returned to the complex. Her adoptive father, Bruce Banner, had grown used to her returning late, especially at such odd hours of the night. However, the rest of the team still found it haunting when a shadow would creep by their rooms at two o'clock in the morning. On one particular night, however, Cassie ran into a terrified and now ashamed Pietro.

"What are you still doing up?" Cassie asked, confused as she walked into the kitchen. She quickly pocketed her car keys and grabbed a glass of water, waiting for a response from the boy in front of her.

She was exhausted, yet she made sure she got a response from him before heading to bed. The guilt of not knowing would eat her alive, and it was not something she could deal with.

"Nothing," he mumbled, his voice cracking in the process much to his dismay and shame something Cassie could feel radiating off of him

As Cassie looked closer at the moonlight shining where Pietro was sitting near the kitchen counter, she discovered he had been crying. It couldn't have been more obvious, from his tear-stained cheeks to his messy and matted hair to his eyes being puffy and red.

She made her way around the counter and sat next to him, rubbing his back gently. Pietro looked up and scoffed at the girl side by side next to him. Her attempts to comfort him didn't seem to matter as Pietro gave her a dirty look.

"Don't pretend like you care лиер(liar)" He spit out at her before getting up and heading back to his room

"Ouch," Cassie mumbled to herself as she took a sip from her glass, setting it down and heading back to her room as well, not wanting to stay up even later. Then, she had intended

She changed into her snug pajamas, which consisted of a pair of fluffy shorts and a long-sleeved oversized shirt. Pulling back her comforter and blanket, she crawled into her bed, plugged in her phone, and turned on her sleep playlist on Spotify. She laid her head on her pillow and sealed her eyes shut in contentment as she fell asleep rather quickly.

Tomorrow was supposed to be a grand training day for the teens within the complex. This occurred once a month when each power-filled teen would undergo research and various tasks to see how much control they have gained over time and to see what might have changed within their powers as they get older.

Cassie had been doing this the moment she got to the tower so the Avengers had the most research on her and had learned a lot about what she could do and how she was supposed to grow in the future if their scientific calculations were in fact correct.They hadn't been wrong so far, and thus Cassie continued to train for harder and more complex missions in hopes of the team needing her.

She had been on plenty of missions she wanted to help more than what they allowed her to. Saving people was her passion, and so she could only hope and dream about being more useful in future events. The constant pressure of her own mind was the only motivation she needed when it came to training. It was easy when it screamed at her she was killing people by doing nothing.