06. 𝗉𝖺𝗉𝖾𝗋 𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀

chapter six. paper ring
𝗪𝗛𝝖𝝩 𝝤𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗪𝝖𝗦 𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗘

 paper ring𝗪𝗛𝝖𝝩 𝝤𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗪𝝖𝗦 𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗘

( the present )

          CLAIRE AND AUDERY had just been dismissed from their last class of the day, Magical History, which they had together. As soon as they left the pair quickly went to the change room to get changed for cheer practice, then went down to the field where everyone was waiting.

As soon as they joined the other girls the coach blew his whistle from the other side of the field singling the game to being.

Claire's eyes were on Ben the whole time once she spotted him. As least they were till Jay knocked Chad to the ground, then Neville and continued to do so to everyone else who crossed his path. Even knocking down his own teammates. Which Claire would admit, he did so almost flawlessly.

Unfortunately Ben was heading Jay's way causing him to get bumped to the floor as well. Claire let out a gasp hoping he was okay. Thankfully Ben was quick to get off the ground, which let her know he was fine.

Jay hollered and cheered at his victory. The girls behind Claire and Audrey soon joined him in his celebration.

But it quickly died down as the coach blew his whistle calling Jay over.

With the excitement over Auradons newest team member fading away Claire was able to get the girls attention to practice their routines for the next game.

After an hour and a half of practice Claire was the last to leave the change room. And once she did she was met by the sight of her boyfriend leaning against the wall waiting for her.

"You didn't have to wait for me you know." Claire spoke up, gaining Ben attention.

"I know." Ben pushed himself off the wall walking closer to Claire so she was in front of him. "You remind of that every time I wait for you. But I still always continue to do so."

Ben leaned forwards to kiss her lips before bring his hand to Claire lower back to lead her down the path back to the dorms.

"How was practice?" Claire asked. "Good. I agreed to help Carlos practice."

"Really? they both made the team?"

"Sure did." Ben nodded placing a kiss on her forehead as they walked. "I heard that you might have something to do with them coming tryout."

"I might've." She admitted sheepishly.

"Well i'm glad you did. It means you're trying to help them fit in and I love that you are," Ben praised her before his lips formed into a pout. "I missed being with you in the library after lunch."