✦iv.

after your amazing actors on actors with jenna, you didn't even have a day  to spare before rachel's get-together tonight. you had been to her apartment a few times. the only people you knew were going to be there was rachel, obviously, josh, and tom. maybe hunter but you weren't sure. you decided to dress in a smart casual look. it wasn't anything fancy, but showing up in sweats was not going to work. 

after about 10 hours of finding parking, you finally got to her door and knocked. you thought Rachel would answer the door, but it was actually josh. 

"hey, come on in!" he said. you gave him a side hug and got inside the door. 

"it's so good to see you, josh." you said as you made your way out of the entryway. you looked around. you had always loved this apartment. it was simple, but elegant. floor to ceiling windows around all the walls, providing a beautiful view of LA. white furniture, with pink flower accents and beautiful gold mirrors. it was pretty much your dream apartment. she had jazz music playing over the speakers as background noise. you heard voices coming from the kitchen, so you made your way over there. 

when you finally arrived at the kitchen, you noticed rachel, tom, and a few people you didn't recognize. rachel was wearing slacks with a beautiful sleeveless top. her hair was done and she was wearing a dark eye look. gosh she looked great. tom was standing next to her. in fact, he was helping her cut some vegetables. rachel always cooked for you guys. tom was wearing black pants,  a green button up shirt. what looked like half the buttons were unbuttoned, it was his thing. you're not sure you've ever seen him in a shirt that was fully buttoned. there was a leather jacket on the counter, which you assumed was his. you hadn't met the other people in the room, but their style seemed to be similar to yours. when rachel finally looked up, she walked over to give you a hug. you embraced her. when you released from the hug, you caught tom smiling. smiling at you.  he looked down once you made eye contact, which made you smile. you were feeling bold, so you made the first move to give him a hug. you walked over and hugged him. you felt his arms wrap around your waist. you let your head sink into his shoulder. 

"i'm so happy you made it, y/n! i have to introduce you to them!" rachel said, she gestured to a group of three standing near her. you glanced up at tom and he nodded back at you. you took rachel's hand and went over to meet them. "guys," they all looked at you, "this is y/n, one of my best friends, i worked with her on hunger games. she's the best. y/n this is dahlia, steven, and zola." she gestured to each one as she named them off. you shook steven's hand first. 

"hey girl, i've heard about you. it's so nice to meet you."  he had a very feminine way about him. he seemed to radiate warmth, as his smile was very welcoming. 

"lovely to meet you." you responded. next you looked over at zola. she was gorgeous. beautiful afro, amazing makeup and eye look, and an amazing outfit. she was very chic. "it's nice to meet you, zola." she took your hand. 

"ok not to sound weird, but i loved you in your movie last year. and it's so good to meet you." she was also very charismatic and cheery. you laughed at her comment about your movie and shook your head. finally dahlia got your attention. she seemed shy. more quiet than the others. 

"hi, im dahlia it's good to meet you." she hesitantly extended her hand. you took it with confidence. 

"good to meet you too. i can't wait to get to know you guys more." dahlia took her hand back after you shook it. they all nodded. you turned away and grabbed yourself a glass of champagne. you had a sip and took in your surroundings again. the whole aesthetic of the place made you feel so safe. you tried to tune out everyone and listen to the jazz music. you had always loved it. you hated that it was put on as background music. sometimes you would listen to straight jazz for hours while you got work done. the way all the instruments and artist work together like clockwork had always been fascinating to you.