2

"When the alcohol kicked in"

-----------------------------------------------

WHEN MIKE woke up, he had the worst headache of a lifetime. That's the alcohol kicking in, he thought. He doesn't even remember drinking that much. Mike groaned. He then heard El rushing to the bathroom and heard her violently throwing up. Mike stumbled into the kitchen and took a few painkillers and downed it with water.

El walked into the kitchen. "Jesus Christ, El, how much did you drink last night?" Mike asked her as she took a few painkillers and downed a glass of water. "I don't even know, Mike." El answered, groaning. Mike laughed at her. "Don't think we'll be going to clubs any soon then?" Mike asked. El nodded.

"Shit, I have that job interview" El said. "Idiot" Mike said, laughing at her. El nudged him but she was laughing too. She went to her bedroom to get ready while Mike stayed in the kitchen on his phone. He was scrolling through his Instagram. He found Will's page and liked it. He looked closer and he saw him dancing with the girl El had danced with last night. The girl was red-headed and had her hair loose.

Mike turned off his phone the moment El walked in. Her hair was neatly brushed but she always went to Mike to do her makeup. Mike brought El into the bathroom and started carefully doing her makeup. He started the eyeliner gently. He finished and smiled. "You look good, you're going to nail this interview, El." Mike said. El smiled. "Thanks Mikey." 

The two of them got into Mike's car (El doesn't have her drivers license so they use Mike's car to get around) and Mike drove off. El was nervous, Mike could tell. She was fidgeting with her fingers and was constantly checking her phone for the time. When Mike pulled up to the place where the interview was going to be, El looked like she would rather be anywhere else than here. Mike looked at El and held her hand gently. "Listen, you're going to nail this interview okay? Just think whatever comes to your mind, nothing weird though, alright? You're going to do great. C'mon say it. 'I'm going to do great' " Mike said. "I'm going to do great.." El repeated, smiling slightly.

"Good. Don't forget to call me okay? Bye!" Mike called as El walked off. Mike sighed and started to drive again. Mike decided to stop at a small café to get something to drink.  He orders a coffee and sits down at a table.

Mike's coffee came and Mike is still sitting at his table. He's on his phone when he hears a familiar voice, "Mike!" Mike turned around to see Will. "Oh, hey Will. Sit down?" Mike asked, looking at the seat opposite him. Will sat down, smiling softly. Mike missed his cute smile, he missed Will alot. "i have been wondering to ask, did you move to New York aswell away from Hawkins or are you just visiting?" Mike asked Will. "Oh, well my bestfriend lives here and we both decided that I should move in." Will answered. Mike nodded his head slightly. "That's cool." Mike said and Will nodded. There was an awkward silence between the two and the boys wished the other one would break it.

Mike looked at Will's hair and smiled. "Seems you haven't got a different haircut" Mike joked and Will smiled. "Oh, shush!" Will laughed. The awkward silence was broken and the two of them were talking properly. Time passes by and Mike checks his phone, he has to go pick up El. "Shit, sorry Will. I have to go, El can't drive so I'm basically her personal driver. Talk soon?" Mike asked. Will looked up at Mike and nodded. "Yeah, talk later" Will smiled and Mike waved and left.

While Mike was driving, he was repeating his conversation with Will and he was smiling. He noticed that Will hadn't given him a reason for why Will had suddenly appeared at the same time Mike did. Mike had his suspicions but didn't really think much about it.

Overall, Mike missed Will. Alot.

Even though Will was very possessive of Mike when they were dating, Mike still missed him.

Even thought Will stalked Mike when they broke up, Mike still missed him.

721 words

x x x

soo..

how do y'all like this chapter ??

- a/n