One Dance to Remember by a Glance

As the bright lights in the majestic hall crowded by young adults began to simmer into a dim atmosphere, Aarohi took notice of the flat palm in front of her, twice the size of hers that was patiently waiting for her response, even though she had refused it twice before.

"I'm not that bad you know." Her ears caught hold of his voice from behind her, before she tilted her head to the right to come in line with the dark coffee eyes that had a slight glint of mischief written in them. "Just say yes once and I'll prove it to you."

"And what if you can't?" She asked, raising her eyebrows as if to challenge him until she gulped the lump in her throat when he leaned down an inch closer.

"Then tum mujhe chamgadar ke tarah ulta latka dena. I give you permission to do it."

Neil grinned as a meek guffaw released from her, upon recalling her empty yet dangerous threat during the bangle game a few days ago. Although back then he had feared for his life and probably felt the same way right now, he knew that no matter how far he wishes to get away from her, there was something about her that would always draw him in again. Something which he couldn't quite finger point on but it was mysteriously alluring, beautifully intoxicating and most of all, highly venomous.

"Deal." He heard her eventually declare as her soft hands swiftly landed into his, taking his warm one's into her cold ones whilst simultaneously rendering him speechless because if anything, that was incredibly faster than he had anticipated.

"Wow you agreed?"

"Don't let it get to your head. Chalo ab!"

The two made their way to the dance floor in between the young married couples of the Birla household, just in time for the gentle tune of the music that started to prance its way around the room and consume everyone into its deafening spell.

That's everyone excluding them.

"Whatever you do, don't you dare even try to step on my foot!" With her index finger waving at him as sharp as a knife, the bold woman warned him of the upcoming consequences he'd receive if he was to mess this up.

Hence being fully aware of her capabilities, Neil furrowed his eyebrows then cupped his left hand around the small span of hers, whilst contemplating if he should place the other on her shoulder or her waist, before retorting back. 

"Need I remind you that you were the one to step on my foot at Bhai and Babhi's tilak?" 

"That's coz you pushed me, on purpose!" Her instant reply caught him off guard, for it was lethal, sharp, and dominant just like the strong lady she was and though he'd never admit it, it was the one thing he had gradually started to admire about her.

He then felt his right hand move as it cautiously raised towards her, intending to land on her left shoulder, if it wasn't until he was prevented by her fingers that wrapped around the circumference of his wrist, and then briefly positioned his hesitative hand onto her waist.

"Haath yahaan rakh sakte ho." She stated calmly to provide him the consent he needed, and then decided to drop her arm upon his shoulder once the latter presented her with a reassuring nod.

Slowly, they started to sway with the melody, daintily flowing back and forth with their hands intertwined. 

Yet, the two of them continuously shifted their sight to the floor and up, hopelessly trying their best to avoid stumbling, tripping or worse, stepping on the other's foot. But unfortunately, that wasn't exactly easy due to the small gap between them which as a result ended with their heads colliding together.

"Kya kar rahe ho?" Aarohi shrieked, rubbing her head with one hand. "Why are you looking down…Chamgadar?"

The young lad looked at her utterly bewildered by her behaviour.