Chapter 1

Chapter 1
         [Don't Blame Me For Feeling Guilty]

Shinazugawa Pov—

For my whole life I've lived with my dead beat father. And today's the day I finally get out of the house to escape him. But not for Genya. Genya's still stuck here, and I am leaving him behind.

I grab another bag as Genya says something that pulls me from my thoughts.

"You better call me when you settle in," Genya says as he shoves some extra shirts in my bag.
I guess I was to drowned in thought I forgot to pack more clothes.

"Of course, I'll call when I arrive."

"And don't worry about me, I'll be away from home most of the time." Genya said, it was obvious he only mentioned it to keep me from worrying. It didn't really help,

"Muichiro said I can come to his place whenever I need." He adds,

"That kid!? You know I—"

Genya quickly grabbed something and hurriedly ran off before I could say anything.
Grunting, I grab my bags and head outside to put them in the car.

I put the rest of my bags in the car, slowly drowning in thought once again.

Genya used to spend all day pestering me about college and dorms. He wanted me to go out and have fun, I always refused because I didn't want to leave him alone.

I eventually caved when he broke down crying.

I turned and saw Genya walking towards me, a bag of something in his hands.

"I made ohagi for you, since you like it so much." He held the ohagi out, a smile etched onto his expression.

— —

After a long while I eventually left home and drove to the college.

It was a short hour drive, or atleast it felt short.

I'm surprised I didn't crash with how lost in thought I was.

Thankfully, I only had a couple of bags, so bringing them up to my dorm wasn't much of a hassle. The room was small, a bed pushed to each side of the room. Two small desks separating the room. Neither side of the room had any bags, so I guess my roommate or whatever hadn't come yet.

Whatever, I'm sure he doesn't care which side he gets.

I dropped my stuff down on the left side, and threw myself on the mattress.

"I'm fucking exhausted," I mumbled while groaning.

The mattress was hard and not comforting in any way possible. Who the fuck sleeps on shit like this? I closed my eyes and attempted to sleep, but, unfortunately my roommate decided to walk in right this moment.

Luckily I was laying on my back, so it wasn't too embarrassing.

I could see him glancing at me from the corner of my eye. It was a bit irritating to be honest. I clenched my teeth and sat up, taking in the looks of my roommate.

He had his back facing me, unpacking already I guess. Almost made me feel ashamed for being the first one here and having not unpacked anything.

It feels fucking awkward just sitting and staring at him.
I could leave and call Genya, that'd probably be the most interesting thing to do here anyway.

I got up to leave, but not before stealing a glance at my roommate,
and holyshit he's cute!

I quickly left the room, now I really need to call Genya.

Tomioka Pov—

I got here later than what I'd originally planned, but I got to spend a little more time with Tsutako. She lives about an hour away from here, and she insisted I don't visit till I'm completely settled in. She'd be mad if I kept worrying about her.

I stood outside my dorm room for some minutes before finally getting enough courage to open the door.

Immediately I scanned the room, the left side of the room was occupied by someone with short white hair, the complete opposite of mine.

He was laying on the mattress, sleeping I suppose. Or, at least trying to.

I hurriedly moved to the other side and started unpacking in an attempt to feel less anxious.
I could feel him staring at me as he sat up, the staring continued for another minute or so before he ran out.

I waited a couple seconds before letting out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. I held my composure the entire time he was here, but the second he left I could not keep it up.

Jesus Christ, that was just 10 minutes, how the hell am I supposed to survive the whole year here? Maybe I can sleep outside?

My phone vibrated in my pocket, quickly pulling it out I accidentally open the text I've been avoiding all day.

I groaned, annoyed.

The text was from Kanroji, who, I dearly care for. She's my best friend after all, but we haven't talked much lately. Or I haven't talked much to her.

I read the text,

Hey! Tomi, ik your probably busy and all, but let's hang some time soon. Don't be a stranger, please

Of course, I immediately feel the guilt weigh on my shoulders. Heavier than ever.

I stumble back a bit, and end up falling on my bed. I just stared at the text for a bit, am I being dramatic? I can't help it, being here, in the dorms without him, it was gutting.

I respond to Kanrojis text,

sorry, Kanroji

Decided to name my chapters  and i had no idea what to name this one 😔✋

My first chapters always suck so stay with me bbg😔🫶