The Breakup

A couple months after our first date, Brett was going to take me out for our four month anniversary.  Little did I know that when I arrived at the restaurant, Brett would be  on a date with none other than my best friend Kacey.  I stood there in shock and I watched them share a smoothie.  A single tear slipped down my cheek and I ran back home.  Brett stopped by later that night asking why I didn't show up to the restaurant.  I backed up and then I felt a tingle in my wrist.  I could tell that Brett felt it too as he looked down as well.  Our bracelets were back on.  Only instead of a date, it just had a bunch of X's on it.  I decided to play dumb and gave him a chance to explain what had happened.  I could tell by the look in his eye that he knew it was his fault, but he wasn't ready to give in that easy.  He told me that there must have been a mistake and grabbed my hand.  I quickly pulled away, and he gave me a questioning look.  I had told him everything I saw and you could see the guilt all over his face.  I didn't care if he was guilty, I just didn't want to see him again.  I shut him out the door, and called Kacey.  I was done with her.  She knew how much I liked Brett yet she went after her.  I was hurt but I became devastated after I heard Brett on the other line once I reached Kacey.  I had just shut him out and he was already with her.  I hung up and went and cried in my room.  The next day at school, I tried to avoid Brett and he did fine avoiding me.  He hung out with Kacey the entire day.  Kacey's soulmate was no where to be found and I envied him.  I wish I didn't have to watch this.  The day seemed to drag on and I just wanted to go home.  By the end of last period, I had this horrible stomachache and a splitting headache.  After school, I went to the doctor.  I had never had this kind of pain before.  When the doctor finally saw me, he checked my wrist and he saw the X's.  He asked me a bunch of questions and I had to explain the whole Brett situation.  He left the room for almost an hour and then finally came back in.  He explained to me that the only hope for me surving was to get back together with Brett but he had to make the move.  I was in shock and I didn't know how I was going to figure this out.