𝐓𝐄𝐍, all the world's a stage

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

"IS EVERYTHING OK?" Oliver's voice was meek and confused as he tried to decipher Felix's stone cold expression beneath his sunglasses.

"Yes. Why?" Felix grumbled back, not even glancing at Oliver.

"You seem annoyed about something."

Felix shook his head, raising his eyebrows. "I'm not annoyed about anything."

"Okay." Oliver replied. His eyes glossed over Felix's perfect side profile, his rippling muscles and tanned chest.

"It's just slightly bad form, that's all." Felix said finally, as if it explained everything, but Oliver's eyebrows furrowed.

"What's bad form?" Oliver asked, clueless, and Felix's head snapped around, a scowl on his face.

"What do you think?" He frowned, hurt coursing through his voice. "Getting with Venetia, Ollie."

Oliver looked down as the realization dawned on him. His thoughts returned to the previous night, just twenty-four hours after he'd spied on Honor and Felix in the bath. Him and Venetia had been together, in perfect view of Honor's window. Oliver had been trying to get back at her, but it seemed he'd struck a nerve with Felix instead.

"What makes you think I got with Venetia?" He asked, still looking away as he tried to keep his voice devoid of emotion.

"Farleigh saw you two." Felix's eyes narrowed beneath his sunglasses as he shook his head. "It's just fucking cringe, mate- I mean really, you're my friend, you're supposed to be here with me!" His voice hastened as he let out everything that had been bothering him, lips curving downwards.

"Look, I didn't want to embarrass Venetia." Oliver bit his lip to refrain from smiling at his sudden stroke of genius.

Felix was quiet for a second before he looked over at Oliver. "What do you mean?"

"Well, I saw her... I saw her outside," Oliver started, fabricating the story as he went. "And I went down to see if she was okay, and I think she got the wrong end of the stick because..." He sighed, suddenly thankful for his 'useless' drama GCSE. "She tried to kiss me. And I politely stirred her away."

"Farleigh said you two were practically eating each other." Felix replied, not totally convinced by the story.

"Oh, and you believe him?" Oliver said instantly. "Me and Venetia? Come on." He scoffed, as if Venetia wasn't the prettiest girl he'd ever seen. Well, second prettiest.

Felix sat silently for a moment, contemplating whether to believe Oliver's word or Farleigh's. "Well... why didn't you tell me?" He said slowly, his voice quieter.

"I just... I thought it'd be nicer not to." Oliver stared at Felix, watching for any change in his demeanor. "She was hammered. Probably doesn't remember."