just a normal night

"You do understand that I love you more than anything, right?"

"How can I trust you?"

The said to be perfect couple.. But are they really as perfect as you imagined?
What if that not-so perfect couple who are crazy for each other suddenly begin to fall apart...

➽───────────────❥

I was currently at work, a cafe. It was around 6:35pm when I was supposed to clock off, but instead, my boss decided to keep me for the night shift...

I throw my hands in my hair, feeling overwhelmed by the amount of work I've had to do. Working for 8 hours straight was enough, let alone being made to work another few hours for the night shift I needed to do.

"Boss, I know you desperately need someone to work right now.. but I've been working for nearly 8 hours already." I look at my boss with a pleading expression. I doubt I'd be able to get out of working late, but you know, it's worth a shot.

"I know, but we're short-staffed, as you may have realized. Can't you just finish up the night shift? 3 hours will fly by." I sigh at his response, letting my head fall back. It wasn't really a shocking answer, seeing that this isn't the first time I've had to work extra hours.

I give him a small nod, walking back to the counter and grabbing my phone from my pocket.
7 missed calls..

I click on the contact, unlocking my phone with face ID. My phone screen glowing in the dim lighting of the cafe as I look at his contact photo, a small smile on my lips. I looked at the missed calls, sighing, finally messaging him back.

I placed my phone on the counter, looking around the cafe for any customers

I placed my phone on the counter, looking around the cafe for any customers. Seeing no one, I sat, slouched on the stool behind me, staring into space.

Before I knew, nearly 2 hours had already passed.

I suddenly stood up, walking out from the counter and into the kitchen. I looked around for my coworker, Shin-hyeok. I felt the need to leave the night shift early, working late nearly every night because my boss can't afford to get other workers sucks ass.

"Shin-hyeok!" I yelled in a whisper, walking over to him.

"I'm gonna leave early tonight. Would you be okay telling boss that I wasn't feeling well?" Pretty lame excuse if I'm being honest, but I had to do with what I had. Making up an excuse on the spot is not easy.

"Yeah, don't worry. You're good to go." Shin-hyeok smiled at me, giving me a quick nod before I quietly walked out of the kitchen. I grabbed my phone and water and rushed out the store.

-

The cold breeze blew past me as I waited at the bus stop, the city lights illuminating the night sky. Cars drove by and big friend groups walked past me, as the sound of chatter filled the night. I sat on the bench, my phone in my lap and my bottle beside me.

The bus quickly came to a stop in front of me. I got up, grabbed my stuff, and made my way onto the bus. I paid the driver and quickly sat on an empty seat, my head leaning on the window.

As the bus came to my stop, I grabbed my stuff and got up, thanking the bus driver on my way out. I walked to my apartment building, phone in my pocket and water in my hand. The cool air filled the night sky, the lights from the building reflecting onto the ground.

-

I grabbed my apartment keys from my jeans pocket, pushing it into the keyhole and turning it, unlocking the door. The door slowly swung open, the blinds lightly blowing around from the window I left open. The silence hit me like a rock as I stepped into the empty apartment, the dim lighting engulfing me. There was no sign of Heeseung, surprising me like he used to...

I sighed, I know that I shouldn't keep getting my hopes up. Heeseung is an idol, he has a busy schedule, he can't always make room for me, but I felt so lonely for some reason.

I removed my shoes and slid my slippers on as I walked into the hallway of my apartment. I turned on the lights with a flick of the switch, illuminating the entire place in an instant. I placed my phone, keys, and water on the kitchen island before dragging myself to the couch. I lay down and let out a sigh.

I yawned, feeling my eyes grow heavy from exhaustion after having worked for ten straight hours. The room's lighting dimmed slightly as my vision became blurry and ultimately gave way to darkness as I allowed my body to rest and recover from the day's hard work.

➽───────────────❥

i wanted this chapter to end with su-chae falling asleep and i know the chapters a little short but i promise the next one will make up for it! 

i just noticed that the text heeseung sent first was asking when su-chae was going to be home. i meant home as in her apartment, which, in this case, heeseung usually visits.
so sorry for the unclear message!

- thank you evalyn for helping me write this chapter (i had no clue what to write so i really appreciate your help) -