Reach For The Stars (part 1)

The words "Halo: Master Chief Collection" appeared on screen followed by a familiar olive green helmet.

"Oh... So we're starting off with our universe then." Cortana said surprise evident in her tone.

"That's right. I'd thought we'd start of with a futuristic story setting for now." Samukai explained as gregorian chant like music began playing.

It was mesmerising and all the viewers could agreed as they fell into a semi-trance like state as the theme continued to play.

"What is this?" Cortana asked as she looked over to Samukai.

"You know how I said each universes story bleeds into other universes in some form or other, well in addition to that people tend to take creative liberties and add or create music to make certain scenes more dramatic." He explained as Clive pressed down on the start button to continue to the main screen.

Oddly, there was only 6 games in the collection but give of them were blank. "Uh... Is this normal...?" Clive asked as he looked over to the host.

"Not really, but I did it so that you can't skip to the last game meaning you'll have to play in chronological order for each game you play." Samukai explained. "This means the first game you'll be introduced to is Halo Reach." He continued as the people from the Halo universe stared at him in shock.

"Now let's get started!" He exclaimed as he pointed at the screen. "Oh right... One more thing, while you wait for your turn to play the games the rest of you can call any food and drink you like. So go wild!" He added before a red flash appeared and a pizza box appeared on Dante's lap alongside a strawberry Sunday as well.

Samukai arched an eyebrow at the sight, "I'm not even surprised." He said before turning around as multiple flashes of light appeared bringing with them a variety of food elegantly placed on trays.

Once that was sorted and everyone had their snacks and drinks at the ready. Clive finally pressed play and everyone was greeted with a cut scene as strangely dramatic music began to play.

A dusty planet is shown as a somber choir began playing in the background.

Jorge sat upright upon seeing the planet as a growing sense of dead began building up in his stomach. As for the rest of the cast, they watched the screen with varying levels of awe and shock.
The scene shifts swiftly followed by a pair of drums giving a different shot of the planet before switching again to another, much closer, view of the planet. The scene shifts yet again and this time, it shows a skyward view of the broken landscape. The scene shifts against to reveal a mountain before slowly panning down to reveal a broken mk V(B) helmet laying in discarded on the ground as the music slowly begins to pick up.

The rest of Noble Team, save for Jun, all shot upright in their chairs, upon seeing the helmet and looked over to Noble Six in horror and upon seeing his cracked helmet, realised that he too had died on Reach. Kratos narrowed his eyes at the planet noting the too familiar signs of war on the scarred planet.

The screen fades to white, revealing the title before it to fades away and the screen fades back onto the helmet, this time from its wearers perspective before he puts it on, the scene switches to a moving vehicle, a warthog, as the camera slowly pans out to reveal that behind the warthog were two Falcons that were also healing in the same direction.