Look Alive, Sunshine

Chapter title credit: My Chemical Romance - Look Alive, Sunshine
TW‼️‼️self-harm
Stay safe guys!!
"Take one more look at my girlfriend and it's over for you, pervert." Aiden threatened as he grabs onto the collar of my shirt.

"I'm not looking at your girlfriend. I'm looking at the guys across the bleachers..." I responded.

"Is that so, faggot? That gives me even more reasons to beat you up. You pathetic emo faggot." Aiden says as he tightens his grip on my shirt with one hand and punches me with the other.

Aiden continues to punch me until I bleed. A few minutes later, two familiar faces approach me. I see a guy that's tall and has jet-black hair to the bottom of his neck. The other guy was short and had a fringe.
After a few seconds, I realized that there was one of my classmates running towards me. His name was Gerard. Gerard Way. Gerard and this short guy came running towards me and Aiden. The short guy tackles Aiden while Gerard grabs me by the waist.

"Fucking idiots. I'll beat you up one day Y/n L/n." Aiden threatens as he walks away.

I let out a big sigh. Gerard lets go of my waist and the short guy walks towards me. I turn around to look at Gerard.

"Thanks guys." I mumble as I wipe off the blood on my face.

"No problem. You look like you got beaten up pretty good. But look alive, sunshine! That could've gotten worse." Gerard exclaimed.

I let out a nervous smile and I nod my head.

"I'm Frank. Frank Iero. Gerard's friend. It's our pleasure to save you." Frank states with a smile on his face.

"Yeah...thanks." I say before I walk away.
Even though I got saved from getting beat up, I still had this feeling in my head. The feeling to cut. I couldn't handle getting beat up nearly every day. I didn't want to go home either because my dad would probably come home drunk and wasted. I've been tired of everything. I need to cut.

As I'm walking, I finally get off school property. I then start rushing to my favorite place. The park. The park was my only escape. Surprisingly, no one really goes there. Leaving the place all to myself. Where nobody could bother me.

As soon as I get to the park, I sit on the bench and I pull out my blade. I begin to make red marks all over my arm. I was crying because of what I've been going through, but cutting made me happy. Happy to the point where I laugh when I cut. I was laughing through my tears. I eventually stopped crying and I was just laughing. My right arm was filled with red lines. I smile at the sight of the marks. I was then satisfied with what I've done, so I put the blade away in my bag. I stare at the setting sun, still keeping my sleeve rolled up, having my cuts be visible.

"Y/n? What...what the hell did you do?" a familiar voice inquires.
I look behind me. My smile then diminished.
Shit. It was Gerard. He's probably gonna tell an adult at school. He could send me to a mental hospital.

"What do you want..." I say under my breath.

"What do I want? I want you to stop cutting! We can't have more people in this world cutting..." Gerard says as his voice breaks.
Did I...make Gerard cry? This is my fault. Gerard's about to break down because of me.

"I-I'm sorry Gerard. Just...please don't tell anyone."  I request.
Gerard sighs and wipes away a few tears.

"Look...I won't tell anyone or send you anywhere. Just promise me this won't happen again." Gerard said as he pulls out a piece of paper and starts writing something down.
Gerard rips a piece off the paper and he hands it to me. I take a look at the paper. It was his phone number.

"T-thanks. And thanks for earlier." I thanked as I put the paper in my bag.

"No problem. Call me if you want. It hurts to see you get beaten up." Gerard replied.

The two of us say our goodbyes and we both start walking home in different directions.

As I arrive at my dad's apartment, I hope that he isn't there. I open the door and I search around the house. I let out a sigh of relief. He wasn't home. But, he's probably at some kind of bar or club. I then put my bag down and I take a cold shower so the cuts won't sting as much. I often get lost in my thoughts when I shower. Which is why I don't shower for that long. My thoughts get too dark.

After my quick shower, I don't eat dinner and I go straight to bed. School was draining today. Sometimes, I just wanna sleep forever. I want to sleep and never wake up. It took me not too long to fall asleep. But my sleep kept getting interrupted by nightmares. This night, my dream was about Gerard telling someone I cut myself. In the dream I got sent to a mental hospital. That's my worst fear. Going back to the hospital. All they do is put you in restraints, give you drugs, and they claim that they're helping. It just makes you more traumatized. Eventually, I was able to get decent sleep. I slept until it was the start of another shitty day.