Chapter 12 : Escape?

Muzan POV

Her taste is still plastered all over my lips.

Her scent is all over my bed sheets.

It's hypnotizing.

I didn't care that she had run.

Her scent was everywhere now.

It would do some good to find her though.

Especially if she finds a way to get out.

Kyoka POV

NO!

I can't die like this.

"Somebody help!!" I screamed hoping that somebody would hear me.

My voice echoed in the endless abyss, but I heard nobody.

"Looks like you could use some help." I heard Akaza laugh.

I felt Akaza's hands grip around me as he flew from wall to wall, landing where the rest of the Upper Moons were.

They had surrounded Nakime and had taken her biwa.

"Fi-fine! I-I'll l-let her g-go!" She stuttered.

She was pinned against a wall and a blond demon had lifted her off the ground and was holding her by the hair.

"Your pretty I'll have to admit." The only female of the twelve kizuki yawned. "Why on earth would Lord Muzan be so obsessed with you though!?" She glared at me and yawned yet again.

"You got a problem with me!?" I snapped back. "Yeah, you're getting too close to Lord Muzan." She said, grabbing my shoulder and digging her nails into my skin.

Her nails pierced my skin, and I bit my lip to suppress my yell.

"Hands off," Akaza said, grabbing her arm so she would let go. I shot him a look of gratitude, but he hadn't noticed.

"What's her deal?" I whispered to the blond demon who had dropped Nakime and wandered over to the commotion. "She thinks Lord Muzan's in love with her" He whispered back and rolled his eyes. "But he clearly wants you." He beamed at me. "Y-yeah I guess..." I trailed off not wanting to revisit my most recent interaction with Muzan. Although I had mildly enjoyed being with him it still felt weird.

Akaza was wrestling with who I presumed to be the girl's brother.

I glanced at the others who had wandered over to watch the small wrestling match between Akaza and the other demon.

The one I had seen earlier caught my eye. He had long hair and six eyes. The characters written in his eyes said: Upper One. I decided to apologize for our recent interaction.

I slowly walked towards him and stopped about a foot away from him.

"I-I'm sorry for earlier," I mumbled staring down at my feet. He said nothing. I felt all six of his eyes staring down at me and it felt like they were drilling holes into my head.

"Oh, come on, you won't even talk to Lord Muzan's most prized possession?" The blond demon had come to break the tension between us. "P-possession!?" I stuttered, utterly dumbfounded.

I am not somebody's belonging!

"Well...I wouldn't say possession, but you do belong to Lord Muzan." The blond demon continued to smile at me. I pursued to nod my head in acknowledgment.

"Well, I guess you should get going." Akaza smiled at me.

"But if I leave then won't Muzan kill you all? Especially if he finds out that you guys helped me escape!" The thought of all of them dying for me was utterly terrifying.

"When we agreed to help you, we all knew what we were doing and the consequences we would face. Please don't worry about us. Akaza replied with a smile still on his face.

"As much as I dislike disobeying Lord Muzan, I believe I need to get you out." The female demon said haughtily.

"Before I leave, I want to know all your names," I said, hoping this would buy me time so I wouldn't have to leave.

"Kokoshibo," Akaza said pointing to the demon with six eyes.

"Doma." Akaza pointed to the blond-haired demon, who was still smiling.

"Hantengu," Akaza said, skipping over himself in the ranks.

"Gyokko." He said pointing to a slightly gross-looking demon.

"Gyutaro and Daki share the rank of Upper 6." He pointed to the female demon and her demon brother.

"If I die then all your sacrifices will have meant nothing. I'm not going to leave." I stood my ground and dropped my bag on the floor.

I could escape and find Tanjiro, but I can't just let them all die here for me.

"Good choice...good choice." Muzan's voice echoed off the walls.

"Naki- Daki's hand covered my mouth.

"Don't say a word or your brother and sister die." Daki hissed in my ear.

P.S. The image I used is not mine! A mere image I found on the web. I hope you guys are enjoying the book so far!