Chapter ONE | Our Story Begins

Seo Hyejin | 서혜진

Hyejin held onto Yoon Hyuk’s hand as they walked up the staircase that led to the front door of the house. "You said Yejin wasn't home for the weekend. Why are we sneaking our way inside?" Yoon Hyuk rolled his eyes and stood behind her as she was unlocking the door. Hyejin turned to him wide eyed and covered his mouth with her palm, looking around worriedly. "Shh! Lower your voice a little! The neighbors have eyes and ears too," Hyejin whispered.

Once the door was shut, Yoon Hyuk's lips were all over Hyejin's. As if he had waited the entire day for this moment. A few seconds passed before Hyejin pulled away. "I'll make us something to eat if you're hungry." She smiled. He shook his head and cupped her cheeks. "You didn't bring me here to eat did you?" He giggled "Well since we didn't get to eat outside, it would only make sense to eat at home, don't you think?"

Yoon Hyuk rolled his eyes and plopped on the couch, looking around. "When will Yejin return?" He asked and grabbed the remote. The TV was loud when it was turned on. Hyejin frowned at the sound and sighed when he lowered the volume. "Tomorrow morning. Yejin will come home first and then we have to pick up Mikyung from the airport." Hyejin grabbed two packs of ramyeon. One for each person. "How are you going to get to the airport without a driver's license?" He raised his eyebrows. "Yejin has one." Hyejin raised her eyebrows back at him with a smile. "But can she drive?" He raised his eyebrows at her with a playful smirk.

"You should get one. So, I won't always have to drive you around all the time." He giggled. "People would think you actually do that if they hear you. And why would I get one in the first place? What do I need it for? When I get a job I’ll take the bus. I bet it won’t be longer than fifteen minutes." The ramyeon began boiling in the pots. Yoon Hyuk was quiet. She turned her head to look at him and noticed how concentrated he was on his phone. He probably wasn't listening to a single word. "Why do you ask if you're not going to listen?" Hyejin mumbled under her breath with an eye roll.

Yoon Hyuk looked at her and noticed she had gotten upset. He slowly stood up and slid his phone into his pocket. Walked up to her from behind and wrapped his arms around her. "To be fair, I never asked any questions. I simply told you to get a driver's license." He giggled. He kissed her neck and closed his eyes, taking in her scent. "I’ll use the bathroom." He headed to the bathroom as Hyejin hummed the time away.

"Will Yejin be here early in the morning?" He asked when he came back. Hyejin smiled warmly and turned to face him, leaning her back against the counter as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Why do you ask so much about Yejin? Do you want me to set you two up for a date?" She asked sarcastically with an obviously annoyed look on her face. "What are you saying?" He huffed in disbelief. "You know my eyes only see you." He leaned in for a kiss, making Hyejin turn to the counter. SIX

"She'll be here around six in the morning so we can get to the airport when Mikyung lands… which would be around eight," she explained. "That means we can't sleep together tonight." He sighed. "Correct," Hyejin mumbled. "But did you notice?" Hyejin asked. "You have a habit of using our bathroom whenever you come over." She giggled. He nodded and shrugged it off. “I guess it’s comfortable.” He grabbed his phone from his pocket and cleared his throat. He checked something on his phone and scratched the back of his neck.

"What’s wrong?" Hyejin asked worriedly.
"Something came up. I have to go."
"What? But the ramyeon just finished." Her smile faded.
"Let's eat some other time."
"Is everything okay?"
"Love you! Bye!"
"I didn’t even get to tell him that I applied for a job…" She pouted while looking at the ramyeon.

He hurried outside as Hyejin ran to the window, pushing the white curtains aside to watch him leave in a hurry. She stood there for a few seconds before shutting the curtains and walking back to the kitchen. She put the ramyeon in one big bowl and sat on the couch with the bowl in her lap, starting to eat as she watched the TV. Her eyes were blank as she was eating. As if they were staring into nowhere for a few seconds. She suddenly put the bowl on the coffee table and grabbed her phone texting Yoon Hyuk. "Hyuk-ah, I hope everything is okay."